Tuesday, May 15, 2007

things missed

  1. gifts. i'm horrible at this intense pressure cookered environ. my best bet is to always get the gift late, because it gives me time to clear my head and focus on all the considerations of person meets taste meets disposition. but then consequently as i was reminded yesterday sometimes forethoughtfulness and the element of surprise is really just beautiful. whether in a bag, containing a thoughtful book or a helium balloon, and confetti all over my desk... things like that. points out my total failing on this point. and i must reflect on how to correct such an intimidating failing. failing. failing.
  2. grandma: not knowing her better... not to mention not knowing all the dead ones better. and her soon to be dead and all the people who are going to die and the things i'm missing in everyones lives.
  3. perilously behind on lists...
  4. close to going money crazy with the having of the money. mental noted: leave as little as possible in the acct so you can't possibly spend it.
  5. brush cats now, or pay for it in flying fur later.
  6. enjoy garden more even if you leave at 8am and get home at 7pm. things are blooming forgodskake.
  7. life. and possibly, going a little boy crazy.

7 comments:

Daniel Bruckner said...

Now what's this about being boy crazy?

Kurt said...

I would like to see a video of the cats being brushed. It sounds enjoyable.

ashley said...

My mother's mother died when my sister was seven weeks old (and she's six weeks older than me). I've always missed her. Even though I never knew her, her absence is a clear void in my life.

ashley said...

I'm sorry. My sister is six YEARS older than me. We are not medical miracles.

~sarah said...

yeah, what boys are you crazy about? : )

penelope said...

i enjoy a late gift. i think of it not as a birthday present, but as a random, midyear bonus for being me.

Anonymous said...

I'm also intrigued by the boy crazy comment. You can't just throw something like that out there and expect it to slide by :)

Plus there are some of us who experience that vicariously at the moment...