Saturday, May 5, 2007

CincoDeMayo

Who cares what it is- it's a freewheeling excuse for tequila. and taquitos. but does it naturally mix with an office party? i don't know if i stepped into a time warp or something old school but my office decided we all needed to throw down with margaritas and beer. it didn't seem unusual to anyone else but i've never actually worked for a corporation that liquers up their employees from 3-6 on a friday.

i might've had one strong margarita too many (because i made it) but i got to talk to the boys i work for, their ages, their relationship status and blurt possibly too loudly how evil the post department is. then i go downstairs to maybe sober up a little before driving home only for the editor to have me do work before i left, which as you know, trying to concentrate while slightly uh, distracted, is such a downer. like, er what? gah! he gives me a side hug and says, i'm sorry for making you work. and then i thought this boy is much too familiar with me.

and he's touching me! at this point i'm possibly much too silly with all that sugary marmix. as all the boys gaze at me before we leave, i'm thinking, i don't look that drunk do i? i might possibly be inappropriately snarking and my head possibly tilting too far to the left, but still. no need for the captain morgan jokes and my AP asking me if i'm really "okay". no really, snark, laugh, really. i'm -just- fine.

i would say, lesson learned, but come on, i knew what i was getting into. let's find a couch and get real chatty. i've got the renfaire tomorrow. where's the boy to make out with in the corner?

arrrriiiibbbaaaa!!!!

5 comments:

ashley said...

There is something both magical and thrilling and also very scary about being *ahem* less than lucid during work hours. I found myself feeling very out of bounds during the garden party when I realized that I was really quite in my cups at 2 in the afternoon.

Please update us if you do make out with one of the boys from work! OLE!

Anonymous said...

and the band played on...
But not literaly, it was quiet on the homefront.

Cue said...

Sounds like a fab way to spend May the 5th. I won't even get into how lame and boring mine was by comparison. You can imagine. I'll leave it at that.

Kurt said...

I did nothing.

Daniel Bruckner said...

First of all, this sounds like a cool place to work.

Secondly, men really are predatory, aren't they? Always looking to seize and plunder.