Sunday, May 27, 2007

lack vs. un-lack

what I'm not so good at:
  • making funny faces first
  • reading stories with all the voices
  • improv in the land of make-believe
  • pointing out the obvious, to teach about the world
  • conveying seriousness (i.e. HOT stove) and truly arresting her attention
  • releasing inhibitions outside of home, in adult company
  • entertaining other people's children--to me they're not "just kids," they're strangers, how would I know what they like

what I'm better at:

  • releasing inhibitions inside of home, in our own private company
  • breaking spontaneously into song, whether logical or no
  • improv, sometimes shameless, in the realm of problem-solving
  • dancing like a fool with her, and to make her laugh
  • exercising patience, much of the time
  • cookie-sharing
  • arts and crafts
  • letting her go, letting Bug be Bug

1 comment:

ashley said...

I think letting the Bug be Bug is most important.

This reminds me that I used to think my mom had the most wonderful singing voice when I was little. It wasn't until I was much older that I realized she can't carry a tune.