Wednesday, May 16, 2007

i don't even know

What to blog about. I feel like lists are popular these days. I could blog about TV, but I wouldn't want to frighten anyone. I could ponder the crazed Survivor jury, the box of tissues I went through during Gilmore's finale, or the fact that of course Jaslene won, in the end it was obvious. Natasha and Rene will still have modeling careers, it's fine. Anyway, in a few weeks, TV watching will be a veritable dessert, with an occasional sip of water here and there in the form of, say, Last Comic Standing. I have lots of reading planned, which I should be doing anyway, as well as working on my afghan. I wish Patron Saint of Liars was going faster, but that's just my slow brain, and the overwhelming desire for an afternoon nap.

K.Lo is cuter than ever, but not much new to say, except, why don't stores carry decent collections of reasonably-priced sundresses for women, too. She wore a dress today that, summer-wise, was about brilliant. Color, cut, comfiness? I want one.

I'm still behind on emailing, to which I apologize to everyone. I was very busy making deviled eggs today, and wondering why, if I boiled a dozen eggs, how come only about half that turned out deviled? I must have eaten more than I realized. It's that baby, it's a food fiend. Speaking of which, I had an extremely vivid dream last night regarding the ultrasound, which revealed the baby to be a girl, with dark hair. Clearly this was one amazing ultrasound, to indicate hair color. And does it mean anything? A few weeks ago, I had an equally vivid dream that the ultrasound showed it was a boy, so I'm banking very little on the psychic potential of dreams, or at least my dreams. They're all beyond vivid during pregnancy, and very weird. I'm sort of in the process of applying for an at-home, few-hours-a-week job? But I don't want to talk about that with anyone, as it may jinx it, and anyway, do I really need a job on top of the one I already have. It seems a little nuts, but maybe. In the meantime, the plants are growing, and for some reason, I really love watering them this year. Maybe it's just a phase, and they'll all die soon. But I think it's my front porch, and how much I love it this year with all its greenery. I should take a picture. Really, as far as porches go, I suppose it's not that spectacular, but compared to the past two summers, which featured a completely empty, blank sad porch that no one ever visited? It's just fantastic. Tomorrow, or the next day if it decides to rain, pictures will be taken and posted. Which--just on an aside? What is with Blogger's space limit for photos? It's making me nervous. We're not even close yet, but still. Yahoo mail is on the verge of doing away with their space limits, and I feel Blogger should follow suit.

Oh, and also, I can't wait for blueberry season. They're kind of expensive now, but they're at least as good as candy, and I can't help myself. That is all.

12 comments:

as reported by me said...

So true about the vivid dreams during pregnancy. They seemed more real to me than my real life at the time, which was a blessing because my real life consisted of throwing up and crying that nobody understood how much garlic reeked. After that phase, I ate eggs constantly. Black beans and limes, too.

I found your blog through Bruckner, btw. I like it.

Anonymous said...

Last night I dreamed a hedgehog was holding me hostage. When I tried to escape by motorcycle, the thing did a wheelie and the handlebars came off. But now that I'm awake I keep wondering, was it a hedgehog or an old woman? Maybe the hedgehog was moonpie.

But it's true, pregnancy dreams are really wild. I never used to dream at all-- maybe it's being sober every night at bedtime? But lately almost all of the dreams have been epic-- sliding all night down a partially frozen river, skiing to my wedding, swimming the Atlantic coastline...

penelope said...

yeah, they're super-wild. i'm a normally vivid dreamer, but in pregnancy sometimes with the more lifelike (i.e. non-hedgehog) dreams, i kind of wonder all day afterward if they happened for real or not.

garlic=yuck. i'm okay with it now, but the first time around, it was the most offensive stuff on the planet. i was taking omega 3 tablets, which apparently have a fishy aftertaste, which reminded me of crab dip, which was totally fine except for the garlic? does this make any sense? i felt like i was tasting garlic all day long and would run from any clove or bottle of powder.

i loooove eggs this pregnancy. hard boiled, deviled, over easy. yum.

ashley said...

It's funny you should complain about not being able to find something like K.Lo's sundress, because my mother makes fun of me for my penchant for picking up maternity tops in department stores and saying I really like them. I found one at Belk the other day that she tried to goad me into trying on saying that no one would know the difference, but then I said I would know the difference. And that was enough for me to leave it on the hanger.

~sarah said...

last night i had a dream that involved zombie devil dogs chasing me a friend through a multi-floor thrift store with an elevator.

and no, i'm not pregnant. : )

mendacious said...

ha. my list is as follows: porch, record dreams, want summer dress.

Daniel Bruckner said...

Even you have to admit that your beloved Alex turned out to be a self-absorbed lawyer prick.

EARL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

penelope said...

I do, I admit it. He was Crazy Man Alex at Tribal, and clearly had misinformation about who actually voted Stacy off. And then what about Lisi, what the hell was she so angry about?

Earl!!!

Anonymous said...

Um, this is a completely off subject, but have you watched the season finale of Ugly Betty yet? It was so good!! Or maybe I love anything set to the West Side Story soundtrack. :-)

I'm usually torn over Ugly Betty because I find it simultaneously annoying and endearing, but I have to keep watching now, I just have to.

Andria said...

I concur: pregnancy dreams=very vivid and life like. I have had some really odd ball ones this time around.

ick, Jaslene. I was so disappointed and upset I'd stayed up late to watch it. Didn't they just get through saying last week how much her pictures looked the same and she was fizzling out personality-wise, too? And then they chose her for her personality and pictures? huh? I really wish Natasha or Rene had won, but I agree that they both will have careers! I just don't want to see all of the My Life segments or anything with Jaslene. She was never the Cover Girl of the week chosen by the audience, shouldn't that have said something, too?

Anyway. . .sundresses. I often wish I had a "big girl" size of Dellaina's clothes. Hannah Andersson
has really cute outfits for moms that coordinate with the kids without being completly identical. Although, they don't really fall into the "reasonably priced" category. And, hence, I've never bought any, so I can't attest to their comofrt or anything either. I just covet the catalog.

daisy said...

I'm so glad someone else cried during The Gilmore Girls series finale.

Daniel Bruckner said...

Lisi was a nut job. And in my opinion, she has to be considered to worst Survivor player. She quit when she was at least guaranteed six more days on the show. At least. Lisi is the definition of loser.

But again, how about my dawg EARL! First unanimous Survivor winner. I don't think I'll ever watch the show again, just leave on a high note.