Monday, May 28, 2007

last day to vote!

Tomorrow is the all-telling sonogram, which will reveal the true nature of this pregnancy: boy, girl, tapeworm, alien invasion? Place your bets in the sidebar now. Here's what we know so far; old wives think what you will:

  • I've already had one girl, which supposedly increases one's odds to have another girl next.
  • This baby will be the fourth grandchild on my side of the family, all three so far are girls.
  • When dangling my wedding ring by a thread over both the belly and the wrist, it swings back and forth, rather than in a circle. This supposedly means: boy.
  • I can't tell whether I'm carrying high or low yet, too early.
  • Also couldn't tell you what side the baby's kicking on the most, s/he's too little.
  • Is the belly shaped like a watermelon, or a basketball. I don't know, it's just a belly. Depends on how much I've eaten, I guess.
  • I'm craving things like hard-boiled eggs and fruit, but I also can't stay away from chocolate, because I never have before in my life--though notably, I don't seem to need it as badly on a daily basis.
  • The sciatica's about to kill me. Does that mean anything?
  • According to one Chinese Gender Prediction chart, I'm having a boy. According to another, it's a girl. Some consistency would be nice, people.
  • I refuse to pee in a cup of Drano. Who came up with that test, anyway? Someone really desperate to know and/or someone incredibly bored.
  • My skin isn't as broken out as it was with K.Lo. Fewer female hormones, so: boy?
  • I'm growing copious amounts of new hair on my head. Boy?
  • I'm gaining weight all over, rather than just the belly. Someone told me this means girl.
  • The polls are ahead currently for boy, but I also know there's been some ballot box stuffing.
  • It would be nice to have a boy after having a girl, but I will be delighted either way.

1 comment:

ashley said...

Boy! I think it's a boy! You've been very calm this pregnancy and not so green? Or maybe I just like balance and I want it to be a boy. Either way, I can't wait to find out the identity of B. Lo!