Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Summer Goals, by M

Oh Shenanigans.

A Summer Goals List:
  1. Obsess about the TRIP
  2. Think about ways to earn money for the TRIP
  3. Think about ways to stay employed bcs of the TRIP
  4. Start buying things for the TRIP
  5. Continue to be irritated for the $1000+ I have to pay for registration and car insurance in July.
Normally I would obsess about things like:
  1. Go Whale Watching for the great blue whale.
  2. Go kayaking in La Jolla Cove
  3. Go sailing on a replica of an 1847 Schooner
  4. Go swimming
  5. Go seaweed collecting
  6. Go to the beach more... it's like a nautical summer.
  7. Read at least 2 books aloud to mom outside in the garden.
  8. Take conversational french despite my utter reluctance.
And then if I want to go hard core:
  1. Stitch together quilt
  2. Make summer dress from last year
  3. Finish tear drop walkway
  4. Create walkway for front house.
  5. Figure out a way to go to Seattle to visit Matt and visit Pen in NC. Both also in nautical oriented locations.
You see how the summer could go a couple ways here. Utter fixation on funds and or lack there of in anticipation of the trip, consumed with arduous tasks that yield long term results, or brief flings that also cost money or.... sitting in my yard and trying to do as little as possible since we still don't have air conditioning. I don't know. I just don't. Though I have a feeling it's going to be a good one. Let's hope.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!

clearly, I am a slacker.

penelope said...

I think you can do it all. Yay for summer!

Andria said...

good list; may you at least accomplish some from each category.

and congrats, it's made the BlogHer list on the side bar, so you know it's a good one! ;)