Friday, May 9, 2008

Odallaly! by M

Yah, still going to CENAM, checking stuff off my list and freaking out about things like mosquito nets and micro-fiber clothing. I have neither. For some reason things like deet and proper lightweight hiking shoes and an mp3 player have now become extremely important- now that travel insurance, plane tix and trip deposit are purchased. As if I have money left for such things. It's a wonder anyway and I'm sorry you'll be hearing about this for a while. It says in the "Birthday Book" that I don't handle financial affairs well and that i have scorn for such practical concerns, but more importantly it asserts that "Movement and travel of all sorts are important to those born on this day. Depression often overcomes [me] at a time of real or imagined unpopularity, especially when they feel stuck in one place or occupation..." so clearly what the "book" is saying is exactly what's happening. Right? Right. In other news I had a boring post about how I officially broke up with my trainer, like a coward and left a message for him, and then he retaliated and made it difficult for me when I started seeing someone else. But I deleted it. Yawn. Anywayz Jason and I are really happy together right now and it's totally going to work out- until I run out of sessions that is. Awkward. Though I do now want to be in peak me physical condition. That'd be nice. But it's not like I'm hiking to Macchu Picchu. As one work guy said, "um, youd have to start doing like, a lot of cardio."... I'm way lazier than that. Jason already had to use the phrase, "this is your last set, let's wrap it up, we don't have forever." Clearly. Jason. Clearly.

My life. My funds. My everything.

4 comments:

penelope said...

Well i definitely think you owe all of blog-nation updates on your microfiber and deet purchases, as it's not likely the rest of us will ever go on a 28-day Central American adventure. Maybe 14. But not 28.

Bet true to the book. True to you.

Cue said...

"My life. My funds. My everything." ...Amen, sister.

Anonymous said...

I hope you realize that your title got the song from Robin Hood stuck in my head. I want to know where you find the good deals on microfiber pants. Totally.

Kurt said...

I had to request a different physical therapist once when the one I had wasn't kicking my lazy ass enough. I got a big Samoan guy who absolutely kicked my ass.