Friday, May 2, 2008

New Place Same Job

I was paranoid that upon moving it would be declared that I was fired and there was no place for me. But when I walked into the office on friday I was surprised to find that my computer had made the transfer and that even better bob didn't have a desk and my computer was exactly where he wanted to be. That's life as a PA with a laptop. The positive of my situation is that I'm in the entryway. Behind us is the singledoor small hallway that lead to all the other offices. Everyone has to walk by, say good morning, compliment my painting later in the day, and envy that I'm not in the hellish din of racket going on in the writer/producer bullpins. The down sides are that I am not in the hellish din. I'm isolated and bob is gone 1/2 the time on runs and who knows what. So I'm actually even more isolated than I was before. But I hope that by being bold and bringing in my paintings, striking up some conversations and what not I'm a little bit better off, though by no means do I have any friends, because that would be too easy. But those cranberry walls- those are delicious.

6 comments:

Daniel Bruckner said...

So you miss him when he's not around, do ya?

mendacious said...

sometimes. sometimes i do. he's gone right now and mine is gaping yawning lonliness.

Anonymous said...

Gosh, I really hope his name is Bob. Because that would mean I have enough information to call and talk to him

Kurt said...

Your unique position opens some opportunities for you - running an office pool, for example.

Anonymous said...

Wow, those are dark walls. At least you don't have Bob's job. And I think overall, not being in the bullpen is the better option. (Speaking from the jobs I've had where my office is in the bullpen.)

Plus you're getting artwork exposure to everyone! And they'll all know you 'cause they walk by every day.

Anonymous said...

Love the graphic quality of the photos. How far away are the windows? I'm feeling a little anxious without the day light.