Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Who Me?

Now look, I'm fairly convinced, Pen is just the more active part of my imagination and that when I go she will go on in unmatched brilliance, wit and general shenanigans. For instance, case in point, she has a husband and kids. Just yesterday I went onto her other site and was faced with the reality that she was doing things and existing in a way I hadn't even imagined- I mean for one, they were all grouped there together looking like a family! What is that about I ask you! That was not in the original concept plans of Penelope. She has this whole 'nother life. Clearly she's become sentient, so what I can do but retaliate and have adventures without her. Weirdly, most times, I imagine her not so very far away, like in my mind, and then when she's there, she's very close, and then some word, or mental picture will break through and then I think, aw, sad. It's almost like finding out there won't be Christmas or your birthday plans were canceled. But I envy her sentient life, all comings and goings and family tidings, so what else can I do, but live boldly with a dash of reckless abandon. Otherwise these days at the desk stretch to infinity and I become fixed, immobile and a little stir crazy. But I don't want to take all the good people that comprise my world for granted, like mom and the blog nation and the paycheck and my own penelope. I will make my way to you, and you will always matter.

3 comments:

penelope said...

sniff... thanks, m.

:)

ashley said...

Tear. Okay, okay. You can go. We expect DETAILED reporting afterward.

Anonymous said...

By the way. Thank you.