Wednesday, May 14, 2008

In Other News, by M

I'm in a moderate amount of pain. I had that vigorous hike on Sunday and then met with my trainer on Monday- who proceeded to make me do scissor kicks, air bicycle, elliptical for 40, medicine ball twists, and more harrowing core strengthening exercises. It was the last cool down on the elliptical that did me in really. I could feel it as I got off. But being oblivious to the impending doom I probably didn't drink enough water or devise a 'burn that lactic acid off' strategy- As the following day led to 8 hours of ass-sitting, coupled with another 4+ hours of ass-sitting... dinner and Tosca @the LAoPera. It was lovely and the dinner was good. But every time I got up to get food, answer the phone, go to the loo, and gaze into the night, was coupled with pain. Still is coupled with pain which is causing me too actually stoop and shuffle until my quads decide they can let the death grip of pain go down to a dull ache. It's good times I assure you! So much so that besides heavily dosing advil, icy hot, i'm actually considering delaying post-bday dinner plans so i can go swimming and hit the steam room. Or sauna? I don't remember which is better for this sort of idiocy.

Besides that, my over exuberance to purchase my planetix left me blowing off LAX in favor of burbank, without doublechecking, which is only 5min away vs. 40-- and costing myself oh, roughly, $168 more. Sure I cut down on early wake times, and 1.5hours of 405drivetime and $8 for no flyawayshuttle (plus time waiting) service... but still I can't help but feel the sting.

I keep thinking there must be something else to report but hopefully no. Just idle complaints about how my brother who is now married with child thinks that because I'm single, my trip is less debt worthy, than oh lets say the enormous debt incurred by children... what-EVER. Whatever to that. As he says, have you paid off x, y, z... and I'm thinking, oh so your house and CC is paid off and NOW you're having a child. Oh, okay. NOT. Fucking married people and their anti-single bias bullshit.

Alright I'm stopping now.
Tomorrow I'll report on all the warm fuzzy thoughts of 32.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wait, so it only costs you $8 to get to LAX? What?

mendacious said...

yes! the van nuys "FLY AWAY" costs $8 ROUND TRIP. Located on Woodley/Roscoe Blvd. approx. then in LAX they drop you off per terminal, and departing there are stations- the most you wait is usually 15 minutes depending- as buses leave frequently. : )

~this PSA brought to you by mendacious.

Anonymous said...

Oh...but then you have to get over to Van Nuys.

Anonymous said...

They have a parking lot at Van Nuys and it really is a very nice station. The buses are comfortable too.

Daniel Bruckner said...

You said it, sister. Married people and their anti-single agenda. Really, when will they give it a rest!!!

Anonymous said...

Have I missed tomorrow? Where are your wise words about the warm and fuzzy 32?

penelope said...

Yes, where are the 32 warm fuzzies?

Brothers and their wives can be so darn judgey. Tell it, sister.