Sunday, May 11, 2008

Hike #2, by M

As promised, or directly implied these are the seeds of the awesome CHILICOTHE "the indian cucumber"... the seeds are quite rolley/polley and mom and I are excited to dry them and see if they'll make good necklace ornamentation or not.














After a long hike, then lunch, we read a book aloud about this girl who meets this baby whale, we laid in the grass, watched Arsenic and Oldlace, I started a new artpiece and for dinner I had non-trainer approved chicken strips, and my mom ate peas out of a can. I can't describe how off-kilter it seemed, still seems, but at least in some sort of apocalyptic shelter situation she would definitely not be the one complaining. If only for the sunlight. That's her Achillis. Overall it seemed a successful mothers day...

4 comments:

Kurt said...

Sounds lovely.

Anonymous said...

Charge!!!!

penelope said...

Those seeds are fantastic! I'm dying to know the texture.

Happy Mom's Day!

Anonymous said...

I had a lovely mother's day. The good progeny asked days before what I wanted to do. The next best progeny phoned early before I started to wonder with each phone call if it was my M Day call... Hike was great. Reading and crafts on the patio topped it off.

Oh and the seeds.. they are simply smooth, not as heavy as you might expect them to be. We need to decide whether to drill the holes while they are wet or when they are dry. As they sit in a dish in the kitchen they kinda look like mild duds or malt balls.