Monday, August 13, 2007

update: hallelujah?

Dear Compac Computer Who Lives Upstairs,

Historically, you and I have not gotten along one bit. We just don't *click,* you and me, primarily because, despite my best efforts to tweak your Internet security options, you just won't listen. And I've never, ever, no matter how many times I decided to give you Another Chance, been able to log into blogger (horror), or even Netflix (lame!).

But, behold.

I don't know what I have done different, or if you've just had the year to think it over and finally have mended your ways. But here I am, upstairs, hanging with the Bug, and BLOGGING. Logged on. I just checked Netflix, and I am IN.

Cue heavenly music. And please don't be a fluke? Even though your fan never shuts off, and you don't "sleep" like a normal computer when your lid is closed, I might be developing feelings of fondness for you, Mr. Compac.

Cheers to our amicable future?
pen, starry-eyed

2 comments:

mendacious said...

its ways are as numerous as they are mysterious.

ashley said...

Congrats! You never know when you're going to call a truce during a war. (Ha ha)