Monday, August 13, 2007

A Long Day into Night

It takes a real friend (beth: 17 yrs), confident in your love of them, to badger you for 9 minutes before you agree to go with them. And I don't agree to go anywhere usually. Especially not without advance notice. 6 hours is not advance notice. Nor is the subsequent call 6 hours later, saying you gave me advance notice and why as a friend you hate me bcs i'm not spontaneous. And I almost nearly got mad. But since Amber (9yrs) was already over and she seemed ambivilant i was like, okay fine, we'll go to your watermelon festival. For an hour. 2 hours later the place is closing down. We've had our churro and cotton candy... ridden the superslide and bumper cars... and found almost no sign of watermelon related activities- besides of course the free watermelon and the spitting contest... but you know, we were there and though no watermelon margaritas were there or watermelon ice cream or free watermelon face painting i had a good time- mainly bcs of the flashing lights and my awesome phone camera... night mode, with light, macro, panorama, rapid fire... it was amazing. oh and of course the company of friends.


















6 comments:

Daniel Bruckner said...

I am fascinated by that bearded man. I think I need more people that look like that in my life.

ashley said...

What an awesome photo series. And I love spontaneous good times. I haven't had one of those in awhile. Hmmm. Must be more open to suggestion...

penelope said...

churros and cotton candy, mmmmmm.

Anonymous said...

My compliments for being spontaneous. (I agree that 6 hours counts as short notice.)

The watermelon flowers are awesome!

And who is the bearded man? Does he play Santa at Christmas?

Kurt said...

Thank God for Beth.

Anonymous said...

So tell me more about the bearded man who looks so much like Uncle Ray when he came back from Montana.

I am so glad that you got out of the house, omg!