Saturday, August 11, 2007

PSA: clothing (wear some).

Signs that I'm getting old, crotchety, and/or just really pregnant:

Ladies, I realize that it's summer, and we are in the midst of a heat wave. I also realize you're young, you're flirty, and at the moment I am 2.2 awkward, pained, waddling tons of baby-maker. But, the band-aid-sized shorts and the nearly non-existent hoochie top we're wearing to the grocery store? Really? It's not the club, and the general populous doesn't want to see that.

PUT SOME EFFING CLOTHES ON.

Also, the 15-year-old girl we saw tooling around the neighborhood with the gang of 4 or 5 local hoodlum boys?

PUT SOME EFFING CLOTHES ON. And, bring a girlfriend or two with you to even out the group. And oh yeah, you're better than that.

thank you and good night,
penelope

4 comments:

mendacious said...

alas- girls with low self esteem, girls in the ghetto. it runs the continent wiiiide... and may i say i really enjoyed the sentence: I also realize you're young, you're flirty, and at the moment I am 2.2 awkward, pained, waddling tons of baby-maker.

brilliant.

ashley said...

Too bad I didn't bring my scanty tube top and entourage of 15 year old boys for the weekend.

penelope said...

thank you, m.

a, i would have called your mother immediately.

Anonymous said...

Love it. I am the dress code police at the office... put a shirt on will you!


(Be prepared to channel the energy in this post when bug tries to go out dressed in too little clothes.)