Sunday, August 26, 2007

lull: how it goes

Weekend diet: delightfully abysmal, hopefully temporary. Included McD's, Sonic burger and shake, Dunkin Donuts, Chips Ahoys, and lots of Coke. Yum.

This week's plan: pack for trip, purchase few travel toys for Bug (suggestions welcome), make sure airline guidelines followed to T, try not to think about possible air sickness (bleh).

Books: vow to finish The Golden Compass by Monday or Tuesday, pick up I am Charlotte Simmons from library, hope it reads faster. Although TGC is v. good. They're severing childrens' souls!

Tonight's dinner: chicken stir-fry.

Writing: don't forget about the tub of butter.

Mendacious: sign of a good friend, completely indulging my affection for horrible girl movies, mailing me free copy of The Wedding Planner.

Bug: says "no" with the same intonation, passion, as the father in My Big Fat Greek Wedding, in the scene where John Corbett is all like, Well, can I date your daughter, then? Nooo! Either the father sounds like a toddler, or the Bug sounds like an old Greek man; either way, I find it incredibly endearing.

Also: she is learning to wipe her mouth with a napkin and use a fork.

Target trip: hopefully tomorrow, sans K.Lo? This will depend on J.Lo's nighttime cooperation. Oh and I need new shoes, must go to shoe store.

Kermit T. Frog, reporting live: was on a recent ep of Sesame Street! They haven't done away with him, as originally conjectured.

Outside: plants so crispy, I had to throw out a lot. Every summer, this makes me mad.

Rocky Balboa: I am a fan.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved loved loved Charlotte Simmons which is weird because I usually hate when male authors assume female characters' voices. Must discuss when you are finished reading. Book club lives on after a long hiatus! :)

mendacious said...

i was going to find something to ahem, comment about, but thought i would just say HI, instead. so HI. and maybe go get something else to drink *hiccup* if no one cares about us and our gourds and lives *sigh* *sniff* whatever!

hannah said...

ok, your weekend diet just made my mouth water. and i don't have a person in me. speaking of which, let's be sure to sched the next mtg enough ahead of the Date so we can see you again. and speaking of the mtg, who is handing out? sorry, this all belongs in an email really. xoxo. h

penelope said...

mel, we will totally discuss! i have the book in my hot little hands right now.