Friday, August 3, 2007

for the ladies

Obviously, I'm a mom, so it might seem strange at first that I'm posting this link. But I have to say, this Newsweek article from a few weeks ago just rocked. To me, it not only defends women against impertinent childbearing inquiries, but it also takes a terrific stab at some abhorrent trends these days in mommyhood. It made me laugh, and reinforced such an important personal philosophy, which is, if and when you do ever become a parent, for everyone's sake (you, spouse, children, family, friends, the world), don't lose yourself.

My Turn: Stop Setting Alarms on My Biological Clock, by Carrie Friedman

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The title alone is awesome. Now we need a companion article for those of us still unmarried...

Cue said...

That WAS good! Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed the article.
It is so crazy what some people say to women who are married. And since I have a married son, I am asked all the time "no grandkids yet?" Duh. I think I would talk about them if I had them.