Monday, August 27, 2007

Return of the Gourd

It's a more of an early harvest of our prized gourds. Apparently not only prized by us but by the nursery behind our house. We'd marked one gourd on the fence, as in hey jackholes, we know it's here so don't take it. Like when they harvested one of our prized cinderella pumpkins. last year. Lame. So of course we come out saturday morning and its gone. And of course I hop the fence on sunday to see what i can tit-for-tat before church. But there wasn't anything i wanted. Then i see all the other gourds they could've taken besides the only one we knew about- and all this hacking of vines and picking of gourds made me late for church. which only in in LA in my particular life would that be the thing to make me late on top of the parents taking the car to breakfast. I'm fairly sure i wiped all the dirt off myself before the service but i can't be sure i got all the leaves.Otherwise in an unprecedented move i spent the entire weekend drinking. Which is a bit of a novelty for me. but when you've got grand marnier and tequila and lime just waiting for you in a cooler and a new blender... how can you say no?
Drink tally:
Friday: 5 margaritas (10+ shots) riding high.
Saturday: 1 margarita (2 shots) feeling it.
Sunday: 2 margaritas (5 shots) authentically sauced.


6 comments:

penelope said...

seriously, i don't think i've ever known you to drink all weekend?

they's some nice lookin' gourds.

mendacious said...

ooo i totally forgot to mention- it was the lure of blended strawberries.... so hard to resist.

~sarah said...

i didn't see any gourd leaves on you. i think you got them all. weel done.

Kurt said...

Jackholes!

ashley said...

Absolutely gourd-geous!

Daniel Bruckner said...

You're right, on the LA streets, gourds are about as hot as ipods.

And I love the stats on your lost weekend, helps me feel a little better about my own dependencies.