Monday, August 20, 2007

Weekend Wrap Up

Friday: We made it to "Streetcar Named Desire". I was suffering under fatigue, discovered later, intestinal malaise. Tragic. Spent moments frustrated, calm, interested, and enjoying. Highlights: Dark chocolate, pomegrante martini.

Saturday: Finished AnneofGreenGables. Spent moments feeling as if somebody was going to die, went looking around for things to give away. Wondered what exactly i was looking for. Went and saw "Superbad"... it.was.a.good.time. Hi-larious. Do not remember anything else.... besides my cat Marley.
Sunday: Photo spectacular. I could not, would not, leave the house. I worked in the yard. Did chores. Communed. Mom discovered this:
Then: in unprecedented productivity i was able to check this off my list (hovering there since winter?)
And then for gusto I made this A-line skirt- needs some fixin but mostly pretty good:
THEN my cousin came over and talked my ear off for 4+ hours. He tried to get me to be spontaneous. With only 5 minutes notice. i said, NO: (i had a skirt to sew and mom had sock monkeys to make. . . so he came over and talked all sorts of talk. And we sewed. And he talked. And I talked, sipped water and by the end of the night, god love him, totally said: now, i have to get to bed, get the fuck out. Which he did but only after 1/2 hour transition to the door and now i am at work, near unconscious- but it had to have been a good time. Bcs that's what the pictures tell me.

........

7 comments:

Danica said...

Now you can help me finish my apron since it will sit until the end of time unfinished otherwise! Can you make me an A-Line skirt as well?

Kara said...

wow, i love the apron! so cute.

Kurt said...

Awesome apron, skirt and panoramic pics.

penelope said...

i agree, the pics and the apron and the skirt and the sock monkey(!!!) are fabbo. but there appears to be something wrong with my eyesight, as the post-titles are suddenly so invisible-like.

~sarah said...

ooooo! i want a sock monkey!!!

ashley said...

I have a sock monkey made with great love by Kim. It's name is Nebuchadnezzar. I think I could probably learn to sew if I were in that setting.

Daniel Bruckner said...

what a legacy, so you made a skirt and an apron. Wow. Now sister, don't you have something a little more important to be working on???