Saturday, March 31, 2007

disclosure

1. I love the smell of mod-podge glue, not because I like to sniff glue, but because it reminds me of grad school in the best possible way. Creativity, friends, and a zoned-out feeling of peace.

2. I bought some iTunes with the gift certificate ashley gave me (thanks, ash!) that I'm truly embarassed about. One is "Dust in the Wind," but the wrong version, because I didn't bother to look up the artist first, and more sadly, didn't know the artist to begin with (Kansas, hello??!!). Not that the Todd Rundgren version is bad, but I have little use for it, and just feel dumb about it. Obviously, it was the version Will Ferrell sang at Blue's funeral in Old School that I really wanted.

Another is the 2007 Grammy Nominees album. I'm only partially embarassed about the latter, because it does contain several good tunes, such as Gnarls Barkley's "Crazy," Corinne Bailey Rae's "Put Your Records On," and Death Cab for Cutie's "I Will Follow You into the Dark." But this all turns sad when you realize that I already have all the good stuff. The reason I bought the whole album was that it had "Unwritten," which I like only because it's the theme song for "The Hills," and "Hide and Seek," by Imogen Heap, which I'm pretty sure (but not positive) is the song they played during Caleb's funeral procession a few seasons ago on The OC. I've been looking for this song forever, and it's kind of a random miracle that I even found it, because I didn't know either the artist or the track name, and listening to The OC soundtrack samples on amazon.com didn't help. I really kind of like the song, but how sad is it that I wanted it for its OC associations, and I'm not even really sure it's the correct song.

And also, the 2007 Grammy Nominees album features, among other ear-sores, "My Humps" and "Stickwitu." Yes, I have been watching "PCD: The Search for the Next Doll," but I also have my limits on what is unacceptably poor taste. Which, apparently, do not cross over into the iTunes shopping world.

But, 23 songs for $9.99??? Come on.

To my defense, I also purchased Cyndi Lauper's "True Colors," Israel Kamakawiwo'ole's "Somewhere Over the Rainbow," and Jeff Buckley's version of "Hallelujah." And for those 3 tracks alone, I am wholly satisfied.

3. J.Lo just brought home a new shower caddy(!!!), and my whole day has just been made.

3 comments:

Cue said...

There is something about ModPodge that is strangely comforting. And, hopefully not just because of the fumes.

ashley said...

I am so glad that you bought "Hallelujah" since I am currently very obsessed with that song. Very appropriate.

I knew the answer to the Kansas question because when my brother was in college and in his "I'm going to learn to play guitar" phase, he learned the intro to "Dust in the Wind" and would play it over and over and over (and over again).

Kim said...

I also love the smell of Mod Podge. I've been looking for something to Mod Podge lately, because I've been in kind of a funk, but can't think of anything. Maybe my birth control case? Maybe...

Also, that Grammy CD sounds like the greatest CD OF ALL TIME. Must procure soon...