Saturday, March 31, 2007

food refill!

Something you might not know about me (because I just remembered): in high school, I ate a lot. I must have had a really fast metabolism, at least freshman and sophomore years. You wouldn't want to be around me if I got hungry. You may not want to be around me now. I get antsy, and evil. I'm a little better now about controlling my temper when the blood sugar is low, but now that I'm pregnant again, not really. Actually now, I don't get angry, I just get desperate. If my stomach gets empty at all, I get Really Green. So I have to eat a lot, again. I do enjoy eating, so it's not really a problem, because you know, it's what I have to do, baby weight gain be damned. Although, I don't notice that I'm gaining so much weight. Maybe my metabolism has shot up again. Maybe I'm fooling myself. Regardless, I'm a hungry, hungry girl.

In high school, as my friend J. can attest, whenever I did get hungry, I'd call out, "Food refill!" Kind of a request, demand, and warning all in one. Meant it to be charming, but really, it's kind of rude, right? I mean, polite to warn others of impending irrational lash-out, I suppose, but I wonder why I didn't just get up and get myself a snack? Must be I only reserved that for visits to others' houses. Must be I found it less rude to warn and request rather than pretend I lived there.

Anyway, I'm thinking at this juncture, it's very lucky that we own our home and posess a well-stocked fridge and pantry. They don't always have everything a girl could want at her disposal, all the time (like where are those fucking cheese sticks already?!), but they contain a lot. For instance, at 10:52 this morning, I am feasting on Doritos. How lucky is that? So lucky. I like to think of it as my post-breakfast breakfast, or perhaps my pre-lunch lunch. I eat at least 5 meals a day now, have I mentioned? And it doesn't even make me blink. Because it's all about fending off the Green, people, it's my only goal.

Food refill!

No comments: