Monday, March 26, 2007

after shots?

While pregnant, many weird, weird things happen to your body. One of these weird things can be hair-related. When I was pregnant with K.Lo, my hair didn't change a bit. I remember reading about that as one of the "symptoms," that your hair becomes thicker, more shampoo commercial-worthy, i.e. thick, luscious locks. Whatever. Right? I looked pretty much the same, just rounder.

But apparently, this time around, I am growing massive amounts of new hair. I first noticed new growth a few weeks ago around my hairline, annoyingly untamable little curly-cues about two inches long. This morning, however, I saw them everywhere. They're sticking up all over my head, these new little strands. How much hair does a girl need on her head, exactly? And then after you have the baby, apparently, you lose it all in handfuls, so much so that it may induce a mild panic over balding. Yowza! I just can't wait. In the meantime, I'm fascinated to see how this additional set of strands is going to arrange itself atop my noggin.

6 comments:

mendacious said...

i would like pictures of this mysterious fuzz... and your top i wish i was craving/doing: list.

Somebody's Mom said...

yeah curls!

ashley said...

Does this significant difference from your first pregnancy indicate boy??? Hmmmm? Oooh, I kind of hope it's a boy.

daisy said...

This happened to my boss... Just be glad that headbands are "in" again because apparently they're going to be your best friend! ('Cause I'm sure what's "in" and "out" is super important to you right about now.)

Kim said...

You'll never guess who I learned about this hair-growth phenomenon from-- She Who Must Not Be Named! Which might explain her rooster-comb hairdo...

Cue said...

Wait, headbands are in?