Saturday, March 17, 2007

birthday review

Overall this year, I give the day Two Thumbs Up. It certainly trumped last year. Yes, I was unfortunately a little Green and passed on the Coldstone Creamery cake that I so coveted in my mind for the past few weeks. I feel that I will be able to better enjoy it next year, and it will be my 30th, so. And anyway, my Mom, earlier in the week, brought me my very favorite birthday cake in the whole world, a banana cake with this icing that I don't even know how to describe... I requested it most every year while growing up, and in college, I would take back most of the leftovers to the dorm and eat it for like, every meal. So tasty. And I didn't even ask for it this year! I wanted to, but then didn't, and then there it was. Yay.

J.Lo, K.Lo, and I went to breakfast in the morning to Middle McDaniel, and though the hostess was disinterested and slack at best, the rest of the service was fine, and the food was pretty tasty. K.Lo, who has been improving her own way beyond the Squish Test, chowed down on ham and hash browns with no reservations. The day was rainy, but a kind of a peaceful rain, and a long overdue rain, so we kind of lazed about the rest of the day and did a whole lotta nothing. J.Lo vacuumed for me, eeeee! That right there? Present. I opened other presents, and among many fantastic treats received an iHome, which is currently rocking my entire kitchen experience. In addition to the ipod hookup, there's radio, weather, AND tv in there. So I can like, listen to Ellen while washing the dishes, it's just fabulous.

Received: 2 birthday phone calls from friends, one admirably from mendacious at 5:50 am PST. Love you, mendacious! And also, lovely birthday mail in the form of cards and presents.

Chinese take-out for dinner, mmmm. Caught up on Ugly Betty, Grey's, lamented the lack of Survivor. Watched half of 50 First Dates, and then, you know. Fell asleep circa 9:00 PM, but ah, what can you do. Hurrah for b-days!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our dinner didn't count, huh? Hmmpf.

penelope said...

Just reviewing the actual day of. Everything leading up to it is, of course, cream cheese. It was a great dinner!