Thursday, March 29, 2007

character building

My mom and I recently agreed that it is more than okay to tell your child that you are out of something, i.e. their favorite cereal or whatever, until the next time you get to the store. You do not actually have to rush out immediately for a new box, and/or preemptively stockpile said product in case of natural disaster or war. It builds character, to not have everything you want at your disposal, all the time. I feel strongly about this.

But what about a pregnant lady? Do you tell her you're out of something? Do you rush right out to Costco for a refill, despite your pledge not to give any more of your money to the price club this week? I'm out of Polly-O mozza sticks, is the thing. I've been pilfering them from K.Lo all week, and after frantically upturning the drawer this morning, discovered there is not a one left. K.Lo will be fine, I'm not worried about the Bug. But me? I kind of NEED Polly-O mozza sticks. I might die without my string cheese.

I'm just asking, isn't my character quite built enough?

No comments: