Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Penelope,

Yesterday i spent all day watching tv for no particular reason and no particular motivation. I remember blogging and crossing that off my list. I wanted to take my car to get serviced, but they were swamped and they never called back. So it'll wait till I come back. And then i couldn't quite bring myself to do anything else. Perhaps it was the intermittent rain? I stared at the necklaces like i should do something with them and then i did just this morning mess up my ironon transfer because of some weird officedepot BS which is different than the avery products. When you read directions, apparently read them a few times, and then wait a day, read them again, realize only after the fact how you did it wrong and why and why its mostly a waste of $18. Also I had like 6 popsicles yesterday. SOme el pollo chicken. And then it just became clear i was waiting for it to get late enough so i could go back to bed. Apparently the day was a wash. I don't know why. Except maybe i shouldve just gone swimming. But i didn't even have that on my list or think about it at the time.

Today I yoga'd and my head had that nonfocusy energy humming away that made me fail at tree pose and tap my feet. It was good though. It's thorne watch right now and she's zonked out going on a never before with me- 1h:30min so far. Tomorrow is Chicago.

And after i get back its the necklaces for pentacost, and back to meditating about Jesus... and really needing to job search? Or something. Remind me to write to you about active indifference. One of the things i've been meditating on as part of my study. Though there a balance be . .That job i wanted at cal arts is still there. I should reapply. Work on my cover letter just for kicks. Or? Anyway.

Oh, i did want to tell you one whimsical thing. Last week while on my walk with danica, we saw a woodpecker squawking into the top of a street sign. And i was hoping no little baby was stuck in there or what- but finally it got a nut out of the top and as we got closer the whole post was filled with nuts! Over 12ft tall! It was some stellar stash for squirrels or something. Epic even. It made me happy.
m.

2 comments:

pen said...

yes to the application! what kind of popsicles do you eat? and i love the squirrel stash. re: yoga, i've been there...

and ponder the feathers on the lawn said...

Woodpeckers are really cool. Apparently you do them a kindness by keeping a dead tree standing. Now that you've gotten me to think about birds, I think I should fill the feeders.