Tuesday, April 6, 2010

m!

I forgot to show you the Easter eggs, Russian-style. To be honest, the dyes themselves could use a little work because they never comes out perfectly solid, but what can you do. I haven’t done these in years, and it will def be reinstated as an annual tradition. J.Lo made the tools for me (nail on a stick, basically) – next year, I’ll request a smaller nail head for finer lines. But overall, it worked. I melted down some extra votives for the wax in a jar lid, kept on low heat, and the line creation came right back to me.

Voila.

 

P1050433

 

-pen

5 comments:

mendacious said...

absolutely marvelous! this is mom and me's most fav! she will be jealous fo'sho. :P

somebody's mom said...

Yeah! They look terrific. Also can use a straight pin that has a metal head and not a plastic coat and stick it in the eraser end of a pencil. Keeping the wax warm is the trick. I had a mini potpouri wax heater at one time that was nifty and have also used a coffee mug warmer. Both options beat standing at the stove with a little double boiler keeping wax melted.

almost anonymous said...

They look great!

M's mom said...

And I am jealous!

pen said...

straight pin in pencil, that's genius! i usually just put the lid right on the burner, on low. haven't burned down the house yet...