Saturday, April 17, 2010

m in chi,

The word of the week is yawwwwwwwn. I mean honestly, I just feel like a lump. Not entirely unproductive, but soaking the sunshine and stuff. Wondering what I can do to make the plants look not so thirsty – I mean, besides water them, don’t be so obvious. Playing Wii. Ordering my Netflix Wii disc, so we can stream all the Watch Instantly stuff onto our TV. Sweeeeet! Like I have time to watch anything. But I will. And I’m reading again, which is grand, and plowing my way through that mountainous magazine stack, although it’s like 2 sentences at a time, and then the employees need attending, another 2 sentences, repeat. Oh, and Ramen is on sale at Teeter this week for $.17, which is just ridiculous. I need to go back so I can buy like, $5 worth. Which would stock us through July.

My mind might be a little bit jumping around today.

Yard sale prep! I have to go room by room. Your room will be the staging area. Oh, and I do write down here in the den occasionally. I added lights – shaped like Peeps – which aren’t just for Easter, you know. They glow yellow. But yard sale – I’m thinking clothes, kitchen stuff, movies, maybe some toys. Maybe. I’m still up in the air on that “3” thing, and anyway, maybe if and when we decided no, I can pass it along to someone I like who is having a baby. If they want it all. Which they should, since it would be FREE. I’m just saying.

I didn’t make it to the labyrinth last night, but I DID have some wine and some queso dip, which was borderline religious.

The other day I was getting a box down from that high shelf in the laundry room, and it knocked down a whole bunch of other boxes, and a pewter train piece fell on my toe. From a height of 7 feet. I’m still a little mad about it.

I went to the farmer’s market Wednesday! It was cloudy and actually a little chilly, but still sort of like a slice of heaven? I think that’s what my heaven would look like. All the hardwood trees and the vegetable stands and the plantation house in the background and whatnot. Peace. We looked at the chickens, two of which are absurdly large this year, one of which is awesomely mouthy. And then K.Lo goes, “Can we go up to that big house, like we did with mendacious?” Because yes, she remembers events from when she had just turned 3. You see what I’m up against.

But anyway, they had fewer veggies for sale this time (and the strawberries looked weird, but they’re available for picking at our local berry patch starting today) than they did actual vegetable plants, which was actually sort of perfect. Because a lot of our seeds just never took off. So for less than $8, I procured 3 tomato plants (Roma, Heirloom, Sweet 100), 2 eggplant plants (Lavender Touch? and fingerling? I can’t remember) as well as 2 cucumber plants, from the lady who always sells cheap but exceedingly delicious vegetables. SCORE.

Currently I’m considering an afternoon cocktail. I was all set to right write an anti-slavery blog, but am currently feeling not-yet-inspired to put it all down yet. But I will. Oh, and we have Fantastic Mr. Fox to watch this weekend, from the library! As well as Away We Go, from Netflix. So that’s exciting. I suppose if I’m not going to be all productive with words, I should go clean up the monstrous summer/winter clothes pile in K.Lo’s room, or something. Or… something.

love to you and cath-artic too…

pen

6 comments:

ashley said...

When you are finished cleaning out your clothes, will you come work on mine?

Gotta get out-into the garden said...

So I totally love your wording "I was all set to right an anti-slavery blog,..." because of course you write to right wrongs. Just so you see that I am paying attention.

Augh! to the lack of time without interuption.

pen said...

Oh my goodness, did I have the cocktail before writing this? I have to correct, it will drive me nuts. :)

K.Lo's clothes are done! As am I...

Was in the garden said...

Yeah!

got out into the garden said...

Yeah!

oops said...

Well I didn't mean to say the same thing twice, in fact, I thought the first one didn't take,
please delete one of them and this one since clearly it won't make any sense when the other is gone.
Thank you.