Friday, April 23, 2010

m,

Have you noticed our post titles each month now form a sidebar poem?

My strawberry-rhubarb jam turned out delicious, but decidedly un-jamlike. Which disappoints. It’s more like jam sauce. Lots of jars of jam sauce. J.Lo pointed out it could be used for sundaes and scones, and I could just eat it with a spoon, too. I’m seriously considering it.

I’m riding the wave, the Crazy wave. Cried briefly when stung by boiling water. (Because it was so insulting! more than anything.) Considered a thousand ways to ship away the children this afternoon, came up empty-handed. They’re quietly playing Play-Doh for the moment, but we all know it won’t last. And then it’s like every little problem ($, jobs, what to make for dinner at night, whether people really like me, whether I really like people, which life-path to choose, what *really* happens after we die, whether petitions are really effective/just part of the GAME, why I insist on checking Facebook even though it’s pointless, the need/lack of desire to exercise more, the fact that I’ve unsubscribed to half my junk email and still get like a thousand junk emails a day, and finally, my torn respect for Parvati’s craftiness on “Survivor” vs. my strong desire to see her voted out, pronto) culminates and pokes at me like a thousand tiny skewers against my uber-sensitive thin skin.

Also, I hate both books that I’m reading. I mean, I like them both. I just don’t want to read them anymore because they’re both too much work.

See, told you the quiet wouldn’t last.

I await a letter to

pen

2 comments:

almost anonymous said...

For the junk mail, I read in an article somewhere that it's better to block than unsubscribe, since that just passes your address around. Not sure if that's true, or if the latest legislation makes it less a problem.

I read a Newsweek article yesterday about buying green not as helpful as people petitioning and getting their representatives to support actual legislation...so that's encouraging for your petitions, right? (Depressing for buying green, on the other hand.)

My outfit today was based mainly on what would not make me annoyed with clothing rubbing and being uncomfortable by the end of the day. Except I figured out the cheap finish on the desk at work is what made the brown smudge on my jacket (hopefully it will come out fine), and now that's bugging me.

Haha, my word verification is winge, which seems like a very appropriate misspelling of whinge (British English for whining). Although I'm commiserating, sort of, not whining :)

ashley said...

OMGIFeelJustLikeThis. That's why we're friends.