Monday, April 26, 2010

Pen-

hey you! i was totally going to post and then i got distracted by the letter. its totally tragic about the tree by the way. does your city have a free tree program? granted mine is shade trees. but that would be awesome and cut the expense down. get some more blossoming things, nothing that will timber in the storm. and thank you BABY jesus! for not hitting penelope's car. also i kinda love the cabbage bed and i hope you eat the lettuce cuz why not. and totally responsible for the awesome. i'll take it! so below, the long lost acu photos. sitting on them- for-ever.

so here is the awesome medicine chest he never gives me anything from. i think he suspects that i'm a westerner and not hip to his healing ways. though i secretly yearn for mysterious concoctions to take i will not complain about his massage or bone crackin' ways as they are awesome. the acupuncture itself is a mystery but let me tell you my knee feels so much better. i think i need a little more circulation from my mid back to my quadricep (as he says that's where the problem lies) and he himself has a pragmatic? is that a word? view of it, saying well- maybe you should wear a brace on your leg- as if he doesn't believe that after 4 sessions i'm not fixed then maybe never? silly doctor. no. its going to take time. and i'm going to go back after a while when i start to feel more tweeked. the sinus headaches ive had this week have given me pause so maybe its time? eh, not yet. lets not rush to healing shall we. also below you'll see i finally coped to wearing the gown, which i hate. something that makes me feel vulnerable and sick? actually sick? its bad. but anyway at one point i might as well have leeches on me. i think from the suction cups and the pin pricks he actually did bleed me? I can't say for sure. I just know that for $60 i get almost 2 hours of attention- chiro adjustment, time to 'relax'? and a doctor who sometimes tells me how the body is connected. It's win/win.

m.

5 comments:

pen said...

what what? what are those wires! and the mysterious cabinet of wonders! it's like you're the operation game, maybe eastern medicine style. or something. i'm glad it's working. i keep thinking about the way the narrator of "american shaolin" had his knee healed with some sort of chinese medicine poultice. you need to get in on some of that action. but you'd have to permeate his protectiveness over ancient family recipes, somehow.

oh, and baby jesus totally just sent a man to my door (a previously unknown neighbor?) who is going to chop down and remove the wood for free. for serious! thanks baby jesus.

somebody's mom said...

Rah Mr Unknown Neighbor!

mendacious said...

they send little electrical impulses to stimulate the nerves. crazy! i confess i do not like that portion. i totally have to go to a happy not getting shock therapy place.

mmm, poultice...

Daniel Bruckner said...

Yikes!!! Those wires!!!! Man, oh man. This is no doctor, this is a mad scientist!!! Victor Frankenstein used less equipment to reanimate flesh and blood!!!

You and that ~sarah sure do spend a lot of time being treated for things.

~sarah said...

$60?! That is cheaper than mine! You totally won!

I went yesterday and ended up with some new bruises from the intense treatment but when my muscle shuddered and pulsed and the let go of massive tension, it was worth it. I do wonder if there is not more to do to heal - like is all of this getting to the root of the problem or should i be doing some helpful strengthening exercises or somesuch too. But I asked that and she said not yet. So maybe soon. I am an impatient healer. I just want to be BETTER!