Monday, April 19, 2010

morning m,

I swear we have a Five Guys here, too, which I’m been meaning to try. And it might be right next door to a place called Schumacher Homes… I’m just saying.

No yard sale this weekend! It will be in a few weeks. Must get organized. Too much to do. However, I have procured misspelled signage from a yard sale down the street this weekend… Yaard Sale. Pirates. Aarrr. Awesomeness.

Oh, and we might have been eating fish tacos at the very same time, it’s very possible. Mine were rather tasty, a $5.55 Sunday Special at Grand Union Pub. Before that: tea party for Mel, was lovely, and before that, class at church. No time for the service. Jam-packed weekends are beginning to be the death of me, amusing as they are. We also procured creepy green plants for the 2 new planter boxes on the front porch (crafter by J.Lo), pictures to come.

Saturday night: Mango shrimp kabobs. Tonight: one of my very favorites, chicken pot pie. So easy, so delicious. And there may have been triple-chocolate brownies in there somewhere. And clean cars. And the Away We Go movie, which contained some ridiculously awesome scenes. I reject your aggression! is all I have to say.

And I haven’t gotten to Fox yet, which means it’s going to be late going back, but we’ll see what I can finagle. Because I hate late fees. I hate fees in general. Speaking of which – we are going the directtv route, next week, which hopefully won’t be a fiasco. And will save us money while being doubly more fantastic than cable.

That’s all I have to say for now, but I enjoyed the vicarious chi whirwind and look forward to hearing more … safe journeys home.

pen

3 comments:

erin j said...

There is a five guys here and you HAVE to go. I can't believe you haven't. It's next to the Harris Teeter in Mayfaire. Best burger, best hot dog - SUPER cheap and SUPER good family place! We go more often than we should, but you can't beat fast and good and cheap!
My fav is a little cheese burger with ketchup, mustard, tomato, lettuce, mayo, and relish... soooo yummy! EJ loves the bacon dog (because bacon on anything makes it better) and Jerry likes it because he can get BBQ sauce on his burger. Grace is happy with anything and loves hot dogs. ALSO they have lemonade that is not lite... and while it's Minute Maid, I"m happy that they aren't getting Splenda or the other artificial sweeteners... just good ol' fashioned HFCS (heh.)

~sarah said...

I am eager to hear of your DirectTV exploits. My deal with Time Warner is up soon and they will undoubtedly hike up the rates to at least $20 more a month. I may have to switch to another company to keep it affordable. I've heard satellite for internet can be brutal though, so please be my guinea pig! : )

Also, my word verification is "butske." I like it. I may start using it. "Hey you, holding up the line! Move your butske!"

pen said...

We just never think of Five Guys... :) But I'm glad to hear it rocks!

Yup, our TWC contract just ended... keeping the Internet service (lite) and just signing up for TV. Better deal for sure, and I've heard good things! Will keep you posted.