Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Penelope,

Hello you.
I yoga'd with my fav teacher just to find out she's leaving again. Whatevs! And I do only have one more class left in my series and need to decide what to do. Also i was very brave and returned things to actual stores to get some pittance back, and even complained to michaels about the inferiority of a product and they took it back! Rock. I capped it off with a salad to erase the memory of the bad salad of last night. Though props to the bar keep for a tasty watermelon martini. And I said no to: more shopping at Ross, a caramel apple, and a latte.

Yesterday in addition to bad salad, I walked 3 miles to prep for my warrior dash. I won't be dashing fast. I could get to maybe a 14.31 minute mile, but will probably be able to sustain a 15min mile and then add the obstacles. I credit swimming with giving me stellar lungcapacity that if I could I would try for a solid 13 or 14mins if I could run. But as it is I can feel my thigh getting all twitchy and I need to figure out what sort of gear i need to buy/procur to protect myself from the tumbleweed field, the haybales, the rope obstacle... not to mention the wall of fire and mudcrawl. I'm thinking my dad has some gloves... hum. I would wear my rollerblading gear but thats a tad cumbersome i feel. Kerry is totally making a warrior costume which she is trying to get me to wear but i said only if she walked with me, and she's not willing, so i win. I will braid my hair, because that will look totally cute. Oh do tell me about you walking barefoot for a couple miles, how that goes and all. Because that in itself is your own activist dash. Though it'd be way more awesome through miles of sand. ;) or chocolate or a coal walk like pam on theO. But anyway our WD, there's about 20 people from church doing it and there's a hubub and carpooling excitement afoot. (oh and ps. have totally lost 30lbs total).

And in other yesterday news my new/old battery is completely lame. Not holding a charge and i don't know if its my ipod or the battery. But that the whole thing is entirely lame because it dampers my assembling techgadget victory. I hang my head. Who wants to start over? Suck.

Also I read about your chocolate post. Totally fixated now. Lindt gets a semi-sweet rating. I can't do dove anymore but i do occassionally sneak peanut m/n/ms but i pay for it. So bitter has been ruled out by natural selection. Poor cocoa slaves. I forget ben/jerrys... again, i love the newyorksuperfudgechunk but when i eat i pay the price. rash, hives, allergy. Stupidfrickinsoylecithin. I'm having trouble letting go of dairy. Thou betrayer.

Allright i'll stop babbling. I totally should be working on my essay. Totally not. It's so shiny and lovely outside. Sigh. Next time i'm going to talk about you being a warrior for the light.

m.

5 comments:

~sarah said...

Um, 30 pounds is AWESOME!

Also, take the iPod and battery to an Apple Store's genius bar and they should run a little diagnostic for free, to tell you if it's the battery or the iPod.

~s

mendacious said...

oh yes! that's right! apple store. totally forgot about the wonder of the 'genius bar'... provided the wait time. so should i return the battery first... i suppose not. hmm.

(also, totally awesome, indeed. forhoweverlongitstaking but that's ok) iguess.

pen said...

30 lbs! *applause, whistles*
that's awesome, my friend.

another thing you can do is send your ipod to apple for some sort of refurbishment. we did it once with an old ipod and i feel that it worked out well, although i couldn't tell you the details.

cannot wait to hear about the warrior dash and there must be all sorts of pictures if possible.

thank you for not making fun of me re: walk. :) everyone else does.

almost anonymous said...

Congrats on the 30 pounds!! Woo!

I'd say don't by anything too expensive for Warrior Dash, since it's going to get all mucky.

I hope next year I'm working on a normal show with regular-ish hours and can do it. Enough of this pilot business already. And then you can be a double warrior. :)

Heart you said...

I totally didn't buy the dark chocolate easter bunny out of consideration for you.

Isn't it great to feel more well and less ill all the time?