Sunday, April 11, 2010

m,

How was dashing with the other warriors with braids in your hair? While you were slogging through the mud and leaping over fire, I was getting reacquainted with Lazy. It involved a lot of beautiful weather outside, some attempting to muster enthusiasm re: bike riding (the children are resistant!) and Mario Karting. We were on a mission to unlock some new characters and carts and bikes. And we did. I’m so sad you can’t meet Bowser Jr. at this time.

I did clean the fish tank this evening, and was an activist earlier in the afternoon while sipping Zen tea and eating a cranberry/brie/turkey croissanwich. And, I did research some, which I can’t seem to stop myself from doing? It’s beginning to be an annoying habit, so this week, I am praying for contentment. Like, researching is a fine habit, but past a certain point it is no longer productive. (And it cuts into rest time, which eventually yields true productivity, and so therefore it is not logical to never rest.) So while being Lazy, I still wasn’t fully able to entertain this rare guest. Which is sad, because she loves cookies and tea, chocolate and wine, and a lot of *soaking up* of life, and I didn’t quite deliver. Must learn to quiet the mind.

I heard on SNL that Scrabble is updating its rules to include proper nouns and such as acceptable in play? Psssssssh. That’s what I have to say about that.

The flowers continue to blossom and bloom, the lantana are growing, the jasmine still looks cheerful, and the chaste tree is proving to have been a good pick. It has leaves now, and seems happy out there in the sand-soil front yard. I want more trees, lots of them. And then it will be time to move. In the garden beds, zucchini/squash are coming up for certain, the cabbage looks grand, and we think spinach has sprouted, although how long it will last in the impending mega-heat, no one can say. I have yet to confirm the presence of tomato, bean and eggplant shoots, so stay tuned. We may buy small plants if those suckers never show.

I did manage also to entertain Lazy on Saturday evening with a chick flick, one that I recognized as essentially horrible from the start, but the actors had good chemistry, at least, so I persisted till the end. I can’t say I’ll ever watch it again, but I don’t want that 96 minutes of my life back. It was relatively well spent.

xo,

pen

1 comment:

almost anonymous said...

Yes, Lazy is so hard to entertain when there are other things that potentially should be done. Or in my case, things that will have to be done in the not-too-distant future that I can't actually do anything about now except spin on the hamster wheel in my brain.

Sounds like you got in at least a short visit though :)