Monday, February 25, 2008

Well Anywayz, by M

There's nothing at all wrong with my teeth. Whatev. In fact he was impressed that my teeth were in such good condition after 7+ years of neglect. I have a no soda/coffee free habit, but what about this one right here?! The dentist said, well maybe it's your diet or you have a weak tooth. As if, I said. Then I said, little pits and missing tooth for no reason is freaking me out. He says, no don't freak out. Deadpan and could care less. But please do get xrays ($120) and a cleaning ($90)... sure I said, figuring that even though nothing at all was wrong with me, it was preventative maintenance and I totally had no desire to spend the rest of my refund on shoes or a new outfit. Then somehow the day sped by with a trip to Trader Joes, lunch with a fearless friend, yet another trip to the wee airport for another friend and then I went swimming... it felt decadent to be swimming at 11pm. But I loved it. The water was clear, and it was quiet, the silence deep down overwhelmed and maybe I thought I might dream tonight in French. It must be like a form of studying. The other night, in my dream, a prepatory boy spoke to me and I understood him perfectly. He said something about going somewhere- aller, (alleigh) (alleigh)... I answered back and he said, geesh you are just learning the learning the language. Uh yah, I said, I totally told you that already!

3 comments:

Daniel Bruckner said...

Holy crap, this was a busy day for you! Here, take tomorrow off. You deserve it.

I'm confused about the little pits and missing tooth part. Did you lose a tooth today?

Kurt said...

Vous rockez.

I have a pain in my tooth by the dentist said "there's nothing wrong, buy some sensitive teeth toothpaste." Whatevs.

Anonymous said...

I like the night life baby. She says "Allons-y!" Nothing like listening to The Cars in francglais!
A prayer for good dental health was lifted on your behalf by the Toothwoman herself. ; )