Friday, February 8, 2008

huh!

Considering what a wasteland TV is these days, J.Lo and I were especially excited for this new season of Survivor, Fans vs. Favorites. I kind of love the premise, for as much as it rips off the RW/RR Challenge's Fresh Meat. Ten fans vs. ten favorites, which, let's be honest, aren't really favorites. I mean, some of them are great, including JAMES and Yau-Man, and maybe even Ozzy if we're feeling charitable. But they were kind of scraping the bottom of the barrel with some of the others, maybe it's just me.

Jonny Fairplay is on this season as well, except that he's not anymore, because he was already voted out. I'm so disappointed. I most looked forward to seeing what sort of shit he'd stir up, and also his interactions with Jeff during challenges and tribal council. Maybe Jeff has some level of affection for JF by now, but mostly, I think he hates him. And I love that he hates him. My favorite part of tonight's episode was at the beginning, when JF acknowledged that he was trying to dress like Jeff (awesome), and Jeff snarked back how he understands that Jonny would want to win some money and (burn) move on from his current life situation. Which is that...

JF is reproducing. Or has already reproduced. No wait, it gets better!! ANTM fans, note! He is having or has already had a baby with Michelle from Cycle 3! Flesh-eaten Michelle! It's craziness! Although they do both have an affinity for wrestling, so maybe it's not that much of a stretch.

Anyway, Jonny, in his "my teeth aren't really fixed yet from my recent body-slam incident with Danny Bonaduce" glory, played the "I'm worried about my unborn child" card. Except it wasn't really clear whether he was playing the card to throw certain alliances for a loop and get someone else voted out, or if he was being genuine and really wanted to leave the game. I think probably he himself didn't know until he actually got voted out, and then he decided to go with genuine. Whatever. Who can really get an accurate read of JF. I just hope the rest of the season will be interesting, which it seems to have much potential for, with all these weird love connections heating up.

Will Amanda and Ozzy be the next Amber and Boston Rob? Or what about Parvati and James. Is James just having a good time, because seriously, Parvati seems like a bit of a flake for him to seriously consider her. And who will cram their foot further down their throat, Eliza, or that crazy new lady with the pigtails. So many pressing issues, so few episodes to address them.

5 comments:

Daniel Bruckner said...

Oh, boy! An early Survivor Friday, what a welcome respite!

Let me tell you, this new version of Survivor came out of the gates swinging, did it not? Despite the flimsy collection of so-called favorites, despite the uninspiring group of 'fans,' I think we may be well on our way to one of the most satisfying seasons in Survivor history.

Right you are, there are SO MANY pressing issues. When did Survivor turn into fuck island? There was way too much unabashed grinding for my tastes. However, I suppose if you're going to do that on Survivor, it's best to get it out of your system on day 1 rather than trying to hook up around day 30 (hygeine issues alone. But I guess that's the advantage of having played the game once already, these 'favorites' know they have a limited window of fresh nookie time).

WHile it's nice to see Ozzy back down to his normal tree-climbing size, what happened to his hair? He looked like Corey Feldman or some shit. ANd that awful shirt he was wearing, it looked like a 1920s bathing suit, something Olive Oil might wear.

I don't mean to be hard on Ozzy, but I've still got plenty of love for him.

I think James is not as dumb as the slick editors of the show have made him out to be. He's not falling for Pavorti, but he's not going to pass up some quick...well, you know.

Oh, there was so much, I can't remember it now. Ahh, on to next week!!!!

erin j said...

but i heard they reached an agreement with the writers!!!! i mean survivor aside...no not aside...just in addition too... maybe soon we will have good tv back 9not implying that survivor is bad tv) and the oscars will have more than three people attending them... ahhh the reasons to celebrate!!

Cue said...

Wait! Isn't Michelle, like, fifteen? ...Oh, you know what I mean. Sort of super young for all that? Or maybe I just have her in my head that way... cycle 3 was a while back. Still, that's all sorts of craziness.

penelope said...

This season is just a bad hair season overall for the men. Corey Feldman (or Haim??), then Erik, and let's not forget about The Incredible Hulk.

Anonymous said...

OMG, that dude is SO Lou Ferigno!