Wednesday, February 20, 2008

m's on a whim

so i was going to do all these arrows and diagrams akin to some enraged coach trying to explain the futility of his coming plays. but i got lazy and it would take too long in photoshop. this is the companion post of pen's on a whim. bcs not unlike cleaning out my closet, attic and artroom and burning all my unused candles the garden got its yearly freshener upper. except this time it seemed to take me weeks. and my knees started aching and my foot was complaining... and i had no desire to go all day until it was finished. i repotted things that weren't doing well, swept all the leaves and dirt blown inbtw the pots, drilled drainage holes in some pots, transfered plants here, there, everywhere, lugged them across the pavement, spinned, shuffled, chucked, and rolled my eyes at them. cut back the roses, turned the soil, planted all the bulbs and each day watched to see if they were sprouting, planted seeds, put up support wires, pulled weeds, moved rocks, reinforced the tool shed, bought more pots, 4 bags of soil.... and on and on and on. i don't know if lately i've ever been so traumatized at my need for an ordered world. sure the toil come spring will be worth it, when the grass is green and all the blooms are a'bloomin but good lord. i've got other things to do! i'm sure i'll be more impressed with my effort then. or at least thats what i'm going to tell myself.

6 comments:

penelope said...

your backyard is so rad.

Anonymous said...

Talk about falling off the wagon.

Kurt said...

I love that house.

Anonymous said...

I like to clean up.

~sarah said...

i like bodo's smile

Anonymous said...

It is good to be busy and produce results. The photo collage is great.

I can't wait until the sun shines again.