Monday, February 11, 2008

move on, m

Today I: am a small tin of slightly used lipbalm that has been dropped in a field recently, just slightly to the left of the path, in a mix of green and dry grass. A lady bug is crawling over the letter A.

Besides that- I totally have nothing to blog about. Like at all. I mean my keyboard letters are still worn away even though i've tried: white out, sharpie and silver permanent marker. Goodbye dear: E, A, S, I, O, L, M, N. Runners up are: K, D. But otherwise not a lot going on. I've hit on one of those strides where I'm tired of the things that are going on in my mind, so I'd rather ignore them. Clearly, the splinter I accidentally shoved into my nail bed is important or the fact that I looked really cute at church yesterday, but still, what my mind keeps playing over and over is: must escape country, must transfer balances, get shots for international travel, must escape country, look for job, don't look for job, find no jobs, get excited about the prospect of looking for jobs and finding jobs, find nothing, regret the need to work, regret the fact that i'm regretting the need to work, think about things to do in the yard, find things to throw away, burn more candles, eat right, go have a snack, go workout, study french, watch tv instead, make more lists, repeat process, think about friends and how they bug me, think about friends and how they make me happy, have a slice of crumbcake, eat orange, watch tv. Repeat process. Vow to stop thinking. Go work on blog book.

11 comments:

~sarah said...

"I'm tired of the things that are going on in my mind, so I'd rather ignore them."

Well said. Me too.

Kurt said...

Hey - you had a whole month off to work on the blog book. What up?

penelope said...

work on the book! it's your turn! momentum, woman!

Daniel Bruckner said...

Strangely, I'm with Kurt on this. What the fuck have you been doing for the last month?

mendacious said...

dude, you'd think a month is infinite but keep in mind i've been doing a lot of candle/burning- also i guess we never broke down exactly what we've been doing. well first i had to pull the last 3 months into a word document (watch all of season 5 of murder she wrote) to join the rest of the blog which i'd done in september, then after it was single spaced, times new roman and over 700++ pages i read the entire thing and started deleting things. I got it to about 585 pages. that took me 2wks (and season 1 of six feet under). then i sent it to penelope and she spiralled into the past and i lost her and she became overwhelmed and purposeless. then we talked about format, a lot and that dreaded fucking word "the hook", then we came up with the structure, we were totally excited, then we freaked out about how to impliment that structure, then i panicked, then she panicked, then we had another phone conversation, email conversation, and pen assured me she could do it ALL (as in kids, her blog, our blog and walk the dogs and go thru her long dvr roll at the same time) but then we decided that i would attempt the first episode and then of course i had to finish cleaning everything out, and throwing things away and THEN i could get back to writing (after season 2 of weeds)- so here i am, on Episode 1. fixing all our lower case bullshit like a bitch. because we're the fucks who were trying to be all devil may care. anyway, so ensue further deleting, tinkering... and as i am 1/2 way thru episode 1 i'd say it's shaping up nicely. with hopefully a faster pace after this one... cross fingers.

penelope said...

dude. that is so its own blog. i feel like you were baited a little by the boys, but you do speak the truth. we shall triumph.

Cue said...

Ditto, ditto, ditto. I have absolutely nothing to say. Which should explain my blog.

Daniel Bruckner said...

ahhhhhhh, so that explains it.

By the way, I imagined you saying all that in one breath.

Anonymous said...

err M,
Dear Dah,
what about all of my attempts at getting attention? Are they are all as worthless as yesterday's newspaper; good only to spare the table from errant paint?

mendacious said...

oh god mom. fine. i'll blog about you later. just more attn seeking evidentally.

Anonymous said...

Woot woot on the book!

And if you really, truly (deeply? ack) miss those letters on your keyboard try some of that hobby paint, you know that slightly-toxic-
if-you-inhale-it- while-shut-up-in-
a-small-room-with- no-ventilation paint. It should take considerably longer to wear off :)

Though it might make your fingers turn colors...hmm...j/k