Tuesday, February 12, 2008

move on, pen

I have plenty to blog about, but seem to be stuck in this inertia of trying to get whatever I need to be "settled," settled, before I do anything else. Except that it's never going to happen, so I just need to accept the fact and move on. There's a baby and a little person, and they're messy and they cry a lot. I need to clean them up and address whatever it is they need and not feel like it's a boulder I'm trying to climb out from under. I need to make lists and check items off the lists if that's what will keep me on track. Or forget lists, maybe I need a day, or every day, where I jump from life topic to life topic and just do what I can, start what I can, finish what I can. And hopefully not feel too scattered. Or maybe I just need to embrace "scattered."

Must: answer so many emails, read and comment on blogs, either clean up the dust in the cabinets, or forget about the dust in the cabinets until the kitchen's all done. Read my book, sort through pictures, catch up on magazines. Continue quest to watch one Gilmore a day. Exercise, maybe. Get in a shower. Say no to some things and yes to others. Reschedule appointments when the time alone stresses me out. Breathe a little. Change the channel. Focus on the moment rather than what's ahead.

Today I: got my haircut but haven't even looked in the mirror yet, not really. Took half a nap with K.Lo. Possibly resolved an irritating seller issue on ebay. Read through m's (exciting) first draft. Went to make potato soup and discovered I am lacking ingredients. Made pancakes and sausage for dinner instead. Thought maybe I should vacuum but didn't. Thought maybe the fish tank walls should be cleaned, but I didn't do that either. Received the new printer, but it's still sitting in the box. Revised a gift plan. Shut down my CafePress store because I can tell it's not going to work out. Fed the children. Diapered the children, made K.Lo sit on the potty a few times. Wondered when m might come to visit. Intended to look up skybus tickets, but haven't yet. Folded the world's most ginormous pile of laundry, ran another batch. Started reading EW. Ate some M&Ms. How anyone could see this day as unproductive, I don't know.

3 comments:

mendacious said...

omg. it's like your me and you're in my mind.

Anonymous said...

Forget about the dust until the kitchen's done.

That's what we're doing with the holes in the walls, ditches in the yard, and miscellany from cabinets strewn across rooms in order for plumbers to make said holes for the re-piping of our house.

The property managers said it would take 3-4 days. We've had the holes for 2 weeks. (I think yesterday the house finally passed inspection, so maybe they'll patch soon?)

Andria said...

yea for sitting on the potty! oh, is it ok to make that comment on this blog?

And yea, for a first draft!

sad - take a moment to appraise your new do!

yes, scattered. I'm all about scattered. must embrace it. it is inevitable.

yummy, breakfast for dinner.