Wednesday, December 26, 2012

merry?

It was a merry Christmas, truly. Good food and cheer and quintessential adorable/excited children. But #whine, I am on Day 5 of the flu and it's getting super-old. Mainly it's a hacking, tired achy fever thing, but it's also managed to kill my appetite. And quite possibly my will to live. The world feels very skewed and sad and wrong at the moment and I know it will pass but. I'm frozen in the land of Not Quite Right. Screaming snarky children who require too much effort. Rom-com movies that exude hopelessness in their subtext. A very long to-do list that seems insurmountable when it's all I can do to keep up with the dishes and laundry. Because they alone are exhausting. cough hack.

Anyway what are you up to over there - traversing snowy woods or somesuch? I've seen glimpses of brightly adorned paper trees...tellmemore. And I swear I'll be more loquacious on the flip side. xo

No comments: