Monday, July 7, 2008

your guide to JULY summer fare, by pen

Continue watching:
1. Gossip Girl reruns, IF you can piece them together in order. Which I am having trouble doing, alas.
2. Celebrity Family Feud!
3. The Baby Borrowers, because it's funny.
4. Season 3 of Weeds, Netflixed.
5. Legally Blonde the Musical: Who will it be?? My money is on Southern Belle Bailey. But maybe Autumn, I love her, too. Actually, I sort of love them all, and the way they try to embody the "spirit of Elle Woods," even when they're not trying out for the role.
6. Last Comic Standing.
7. Old and new episodes of House Hunters. Because that's what you do in the summer, catch up.

New for July:
1. ProRun, July 16th! This is the last season the show will be on Bravo, which makes me scratch my head in puzzlement, but what can you do. It's moving over to Lifetime, and California. Hmmm.
2. Monk, July 18.
3. Psych. Ditto.
4. The Secret Life of the American Teenager, with Molly Ringwald! ABC Family, Tuesday night.
5. Extreme Living on HGTV. There are some super-badass-cool looking houses on there. Can't wait.

Please add your own lists/suggestions in the comments. I'm *slightly* out of the loop these days, and my taste doesn't include really include stuff like Burn Notice, although I admit I'm slightly intrigued, mainly because Jeffrey Donovan is so.darn.hot. Let me know if it's worth it. And stuff like Great American Dog? Do we dare?

11 comments:

Kurt said...

Monk!

mendacious said...

PR: moving over to lifetime!? death toll! EW. i just you know never do it... that might take more deliberation on my part to watch it... why on earth! bravo is way more cooler with it then without! those showrunner bills must be outrageous.

SLAT: am secretly very intrigued by this show and my love for molly. you must tell me what happens.

BN: this show could almost suck me in but i must desist. clearly i have enough to watch and we can always netflix it later!

penelope said...

I don't get the Lifetime move, either. Bravo seems such an inherent part of ProRun. And Tim Gunn in LA? He's going to have to change his wardrobe, for one, or he'll positively melt.

Anonymous said...

Burn Notice is fun. If you haven't seen it, I recommend adding season 1 of Flight of the Conchords to your Netflix. (For a preview, a ton of their songs from the episodes are posted on YouTube. So funny.)

My mom watched tons of Jon & Kate Plus 8 (TLC) while I was at home. The kids are hilarious, and the eps are only 1/2 an hour, so it's not such a huge time commitment. Plus you don't really have to watch them in order. Just day in the life stuff, mainly. It could totally be research for your other blog to compare managing styles. :)

penelope said...

Love Flight of Conchords! Love.them. M, you would like them, too. We even have the CD. Excellent recommendation.

J&K are amazing, but their show gives me heart palpitations. It seriously stresses me out, watching them go all day long with 8 kids. I don't know how they do it!

mendacious said...

FofC is on my Q and even was able to understand their frenchvideo falala or whatever it was. i've seen 1 ep of J&K and that woman just seems just a bit awful and pent up. 8 kids or not. there's no way i could watch her highstrung helpless panic for so long, the disn*yl@nd ep for instance.

Andria said...

You know I am enjoying SYTYCDance and Design Star challenge but thought I'd add it here for public declaration.

Greg & I also catch up on Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader? during the summer, too, since it comes on Thursday nights, which are jam-packed during the normal season.

I just saw a preview for Army Wives and then heard today from someone that watches it that they enjoy it.

I am super excited about new ProRun! I didn't realize it would still be on Bravo this time - I thought it would already be making the move to Lifetime, so I am excited about that little tidbit.

Shouldn't Amazing Race be coming soon?

erin j said...

SYTYCD is at the top of my list followed closely by Wipeout and I Survived a Japanese Game Show! But mostly I spend my time flipping these days. I have caught re-runs of Aliens in America and am saddened by the fact ti will not return in the fall...sigh...

Kurt said...

Note to Pen: My Mac cannot leave comments on the new Lo. Co. site.

penelope said...

Shiz! I've tweaked a few things. Does it work now?

Kurt said...

It works on my PC - I'll check the Mac later.