Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Animal Facts Wednesday


I haven't learned anything new and magical yet. ( I will consult my notes to see what I've been working on since last wednesday).

Ok, I've reviewed my notes and there is something interesting. Crocodiles really freak me out. I've mentioned before I used to have these anxiety dreams about being trapped in enclosures that were dark, muddied water, high-walled, and i knew there were alligators/crocs- i just couldn't see them... So whenever I see these reptiles I think anxiety dream. Though lately everytime I turn left over a bridge and stop under an over pass I always imagine it giving way-- but usually its in a survival note capacity. So that's a plus. Sort of.

Well anyway, crocodiles have these things called "sensory pits" which dot their entire head and it alerts them to prey with a mere impulse it sends a signal to the brain to chomp-- apparently crazy peeps all over the world who like to play with large man eating lizards can desensitize these nerve/impulses by teaching it that the signals are wrong- so prodding it with a stick for instance all over causes a short circuit in the signal thereby allowing a person to stick their head in the alligators mouth or arm... of course unless they don't do it enough then well-- you end up on our show...

So basically in the water they'll just hang out with their mouths open waiting for something to touch them and set off their impulse. Fairly cool. And I thought I didn't have anything to talk about!

ps. will get to more impt things like friends, drug addictions, storyboards, forthwith. i'm percolating.

2 comments:

penelope said...

So can you tell us exactly the difference between alligators and crocodiles? How can I discern which animal is featured on N.Lo's pajamas?

Percolating, fabulous.

Anonymous said...

wow! Your drawings are fun.

weird Facts Wednesday are the best even if its Thursday.