Sunday, July 13, 2008

random whys, by pen

1. Why are there like a million flies suddenly by our back door? First ants in the kitchen, and now flies by the window. I shudder thinking of where they’re coming from, and yet I have no viable theories.

2. Why is it that everything feels better after restocking a few sundry items: tissue boxes, Oil of Olay daily facial cloths. It’s like I can’t live without these things and now that I have them again, I feel *clean.*

3. Why when I have a moment do I naturally gravitate toward the computer and Internet, rather than my book.

4. Why am I such a slow reader, sensitive to every word?

5. Why isn’t J.Lo’s new eye working the way he wants it to.

6. Why are Pisces, Aquarians, and Libra/Scorpio cusps all (apparently) moody creatures. At least at our house.

7. Why is my daughter deathly afraid of everything from airplanes to “shoo flies” to puppets. Is there a common thread?

8. Why will they not play Gossip Girl in order, why. Or at least throw in the missing eps sometime before summer is over.

9. Why didn’t this new DVR system (hate it, btw) automatically pick up the series recording of ProRun for later this week.

10. WHY doesn’t the dinner menu occur to me until an hour before I need to have the food on the table. Especially when certain dinner elements need thawing.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

According to two people at work (not personal experience, thank goodness) flies are slow and stupid when they come from poisoned rats/mice. More than I wanted to know and now I've passed on my knowledge...

erin j said...

1) because flies are (one of)the most hated, annoying bugs and seem to only live to be an annoyance.
2) because you missed these things and when they are almost out, they lose their effecitveness. my fav face soap is that way.
3)it's a freakin' curse... and mind numbing after you mind has been over worked all day dealing with small employees.
4)ummm, you're a studier of the english written word...you must, therefore, savor every word.
5) no clue on this one.
6) i blame the heat for the capricorn and taurus-cuspy moodiness... or maybe the moon?
7) because she is two.
8) because the CW is stupid.
9) because it too is stupid.
10) because you must have the same unconscienceness want to have take out of some sort that i do... though you seem to enjoy this cooking thing...sigh...

penelope said...

omg, that information about poisoned rats and flies is deeply disturbing. worthy of weird fact wednesday.

i totally enjoyed the list response! all true, all true.

Anonymous said...

Dog poop, maybe? Flies tend to really like like dog poop.

penelope said...

None of this bodes even remotely well for a fly source outside or (gulp) inside my house.

Anonymous said...

Well, at least you'd know if you'd poisoned any mice, so you can check that off the list. It's summer, and therefore flies are buzzing around being annoying.

ashley said...

OMG! What's up with J.Lo's eye? Clearly, I go to south Georgia for a few days and something terribly has happened! Why don't I know what's going on with J.Lo's eye???