Tuesday, June 10, 2008

your guide to JUNE summer fare, by pen

What to Watch:
1. Gossip Girl reruns on the CW, clearly.*
2. Season 3 of WEEDS, Netflixed. Or if you are luckier than me and have Showtime, Season 4.
3. Top Chef, although that's almost over. P.S. LISA CANNOT WIN. Do I have your agreement?
4. Legally Blonde the Musical: The Search for Elle Woods. Yes, mendacious, really. It's kind of... not that bad. It sort of fills the ANTM void, in a way.

Possibly, if there's time in between eating fresh salsa and popsicles and watermelon:
1. Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List. It's better than Kathie Lee Gifford: I'm on the Today Show Now But My Skin Is Still Orange.
2. Swingers... I don't know. If you must. If you're braver than me. Let me know how it is, though.
3. My Boys? Again, let me know. I'm too disillusioned to try.
4. The Mole. I don't really know what to say about The Mole. Maybe? Nah, forget it.
5. Hopkins: But let's be honest, it's not going to fill the Grey's Anatomy void, so why bother.
6. Fear Itself. I can't bash this one, because it actually looks pretty good--if you like horror. Which I do not. But if you do, by all means watch it, and I promise not to mock you.
7. The Bachelorette? Anyone? Anyone?

When to Read a Book Instead:
1. America's Got Talent. Run away, run away from the television.
2. Nashville Star. Sorry, I just can't.
3. Celebrity Circus, hosted by Joey Fatone. Make it stop. Please. Make it stop.
4. I Survived a Japanese Game Show. Can it get any worse?
5. Wipeout, which is described as a "cross between MXC, Fear Factor, and America's Funniest Home Videos." Yes, yes it can get worse. But surely that's as bad as it gets?
6. The Scoop, or "The Singing Bee meets The Office," hosted by Joey Fatone. And for this, I have no words.
*A note about GG: they are not acutally showing reruns in order. It's quite vexing. Should I save the episodes and watch them in order later, in a GG marathon, or just watch them as is with the disappointment of spoilers. I know not.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Lisa WILL! NOT! WIN! TOP CHEF! Because isn't the finale live? Which means I still have time to get there and abduct her and replace her, covertly, with Dale, who should have been there in her place this whole time.

penelope said...

Word! I was SHOCKED when they got rid of Dale. Lisa is like the New Tiffany, except Tiffany was at least a better chef. You can just tell. Go Richard! Go Stephanie! Go ANYONE BUT LISA!