Wednesday, June 18, 2008

one everlasting gobstopper, 7 years, $47 later

And my bridge is fixed. I heart my dentist. I did not heart, however, the searing sound of metal being sawed from my mouth. Horror! But, the thing is fixed, which means that there is no longer a bent metal arm of a bridge sticking out from my tooth, nothing at all left to scratch up my tongue. The mind reels. I might eventually get a cavity from the damage that bent bridge caused, but that remains to be seen. A cavity! Tragically. My first ever.

In the meantime, I leave you with this: if you can't eat the Everlasting Gobstopper like you're supposed to, letting all the flavors melt away slowly instead of crunching down on the thing because you need to see the splended layers, DON'T EAT THE EVERLASTING GOBSTOPPER TO BEGIN WITH. It's pain and heartache for everyone.

2 comments:

mendacious said...

you're such a brat. you're FIRST cavity... MAYBE!? holyshit way to brush pen. way-to-brush! or are you magic?

penelope said...

tee hee. i've told you i'm a flossing maniac. but mostly i'm just magic.