Monday, June 23, 2008

While The Rents Away #2

Well hey there. So the paint job went succesfully. The color is much better and the controversial chocolate trim was the right move. We concede that decoratively they need to get rid of the carpet, replace the bed with a woodframed one, and redesign their closet-- there's no reason to have your clothes live on a bench and an empty chest also. And I would prefer that the dresser and small bookcase have stronger and more cohesive design elements but I had other things to do like demolish the bathroom and paint the garage and I didn't want to be THAT invasive- otherwise believe me all of those changes would've occured. But well, we do what we can and hope the parents come around. But at least you don't notice the walls anymore...

4 comments:

penelope said...

love that chocolate trim! so uber-productive, you.

Kurt said...

That's a gorgeous house!

~sarah said...

what did the 'rents have to say about it all?!!!

Anonymous said...

I will happily write a letter of reference for my progeny who also did a fantastic job of cleaning up after. She doesn't work for peanuts as has been discussed elsewhere, but her work is great. (I was temporarily troubled that I couldn't open the top window, but I fixed that and it won't be mentioned again)