Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Weird Facts Wednesday

Well, I was surprised to learn that lions only live on average of 8-10 years in the wild. In captivity they can live over 20. But they're not endangered perse the way that tigers are- which coincidentally are the largest cat in the kingdom.

My cat Marley is tucked on the corner of my couchchair with me waiting for the lights to get dark, arm outstretched. He has just sighed and slumped his head down.

My cat Animal going on her 15th year at least is curled up on my bed. She will not be pleased when I go to get in it. There must have been some narrow squishing kicking incidents as I am a tosser/turner... Marley has learned better and curls up on the edge of the bed so he can spring at any moment or claw me in the face (gently) when he wants me to get up.

3 comments:

penelope said...

tigers are bigger than lions, wha? who knew!

Kurt said...

Lions are only about a foot long. I blame animated films for giving us such a distorted view of their size.

Anonymous said...

Oh, oh and guess what cat's actually like (it could be an illusion) to swim?