Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Your Guide to Summer Fare, by M

These are the times I test Pen's love of me. It's a wonder we unite on anything with our Tv tastes... even worse now that we have no common interest shows to unite us. Ah, trying times. I don't know if I can narrow it down to June specifically but currently my top picks for all things media,

WHAT to WATCH:
  • Law&Order: Criminal Intent. It doesn't get better than the slightly manic Robert Goren and as a plus for you StC fans, Chris Noth. The ladies have sass and are awesome to watch as well.
  • Kathy Griffin: My life on the D-List. She's got a biting sarcasm and wit and I dig her candid nature.
  • RENO:911: Everything I watch has to be hyphenated. And besides its crasser moments, there's some eccentric awesome comedy to be had.
  • Monk: He'll be back in July. I'm loyal even though ever since Sharona left it's become a bit characterless and with the death of the actor that played his shrink I'm sorta bummed. I'm on the fence with this one.

Bonus watch:

  • PSYCH. It's camp but completely charming.
  • Dirty Jobs, Deadliest Catch: Wry humor, weirdness and men. Why not.
  • UNTAMED&UNCUT: Hello, I work on it. Watch it people.
  • Southpark Reruns.

NETFLIX: Cue it UP

  1. Cadfael Mysteries: Byzantine monk solves mysteries. Saweet!
  2. Slings and Arrows: British Shakespeare Theatre Trope. Reliving all things theatre.
  3. Six Feet Under: Season3: I'm seasonably behind but loving it.
  4. Weeds 3: (may save this one for later. It's at the bottom of the que currently but I will probably want a little spice with my dash of death come July.
  5. Smattering of documentaries, independents, comedies, series work and period pieces.

WHAT TO READ: randomness...

  • Helen of Troy: A new retelling on all things titillating and classic.
  • The Clever Woman of the Family (brought to you by dodo press)
  • The Mill on the Floss (Eliot)
  • Green Dolphin Street

Backups for extreme boredom:

  • HULU.com
  • WB.beta test
  • Netflix Watch Now
  • Going outside emergency trip list: sailing, seaweed collecting, tanning, working in the garden.

4 comments:

Kurt said...

Re: Monk: But Natalie is adorable!

Anonymous said...

Yay Psych. Burn Notice is fun too.

My mom has been watching Jon & Kate Plus 8 marathons while I've been home. That many kids (a set of twins and then a set of sextuplets) is enthralling. And they're cute.

penelope said...

I love Natalie!

Well really then, my July list may be somewhat redeeming for you, m. Monk and Psych will clearly be included. Not to mention ProRun, even though I don't believe your skirt-sewing self even watches it? Hello, you totally SHOULD!

And, I'm excited about Weeds Season 3... but not right now. It somehow got to the top of my q without my realizing it, and the first disc is on the way. Vexing.

mendacious said...

natalie is completely VAPID! and annoying!!!

i totally watched all of PRo-RUN last season. you'll have to 411 me when its on and i'll add it. whatevs. ;p