Thursday, October 18, 2007

mystery: solved!

Finally, we know why Ebony is so strangely reticent at panel--the girl who was so potentially bitchy during the first episode? Lost all her fire shortly thereafter? Since Tyra, Twiggy, Miss J and company have hounded her for nearly three weeks now, saying Smile, girl!, Ebony finally blurted out last night: I think my gums are too big. Well, geez! Is that all? You'd think she could have just explained that before.

I think it's kind of nice that she's simply self-conscious, rather than being quietly snotty, flat in personality, or having no reason at all. How she refrained so long from smiling at Nigel, though, that has to require some stamina.

Anyway, girl, kick-ass photo shoot on the rooftop. I still think you're pretty interesting, and hope you go far.

4 comments:

mendacious said...

i thought you were going to say she used to be a man. talk about a let down.

penelope said...

teehee...

Andria said...

funny thought - sometimes scripted might be better than "reality" if that were the case, Mendacious.

I'm silently rooting for her, too and have really wanted her to step it up in the personality department. She was such a spitfire in the auditions, it's just so weird to see her fade. .

I still really like Jenah, even though she is sooo straggly at panel! it's like a bad Barbie doll that's been neglected or over tortured for years. or matted cat hair. it's just bad. The blonde is harsh enough on her, she needs to make it sleek or pull it back or something!

Heather had some real opinions this episode!

I really thought Sarah should have gone, it was an interesting picture, but she totally didn't get the concept!

And of course the white girl from GA had to go. I thought she was cute.

penelope said...

Yeah, I like Jenah, too, but I'm not sure that hair works for her. She didn't seem so hot on it, either, so maybe that's it. Maybe if she smoothed it back, like you say. I think she thinks the matted Barbie doll look is "edgy," since she's so hung up on being edgy.

I agree Sarah should have gone, although I think Ambreal needed to be bottom two, as she was getting a little cocky this ep. I thought she was a total cheeseball in the skating challenge, and then she was all mad she didn't win.

Heather, yike. She needs to play the quiet game... even if her assessments WERE spot-on.