Wednesday, October 3, 2007

my spoon is only 91 (1847 rogers xs triple: heraldic, 1916)

the thing i like most about my spoon is that it has sharp edges, perfect for rounding out the meat of the kiwi- like i was eating an egg in one of those fancy cups, but its sweet delicious green-ness fruit. its nice also because it belongs to a set and isnt a sad lonely spoon. this was my great grandmothers spoon. i hope she ate with it. i liked her very much. and is one of the fonder more magical spots in my childhood. so i am very glad to have it. and besides bringing them out for a recent tea, i have left it out and used it, just because i can, and like to pretend that everyone must eat with near 100 year old things and imagine all the meals and conversations thats passed between.

4 comments:

Kurt said...

Jimi Hendrix could have eaten with that spoon!

~sarah said...

oooo. so cool! can i eat with one next time i come over?! we can pretend we are from 1916 and talk about "the war" and motorized carriages and our really uncomfortable undergarments. : )

ashley said...

Does the spoon come with a special accent? It seems very aristocratic - British, Grosvenor Square.

penelope said...

Everyone should have a special spoon in their life. I myself am particularly fond of my Spaghetti-O's spoon. I had to eat a lot of Spaghetti-O's for it, and it has my name on it.