Tuesday, January 23, 2007

they make me happy, 2

Although grainy, here is a pic of K.Lo checking out The Office Valentines box. If you look closely, you may be able to make out Michael Scott holding a big red heart.

Also, why was I at Target again so early in the morning, and so soon after my last trip? Because clearly I have a problem, yes. But also because hello, the new SHINS CD, Wincing the Night Away, is out! And available for purchase this week at Target for $9.98. It's playing right now on my little stereo, and yes it's a good one.

Did anyone know, by the way, that Elyse from ANTM Cycle 1 dates Marty from The Shins? Huh.

6 comments:

ashley said...

On a totally unrelated note, can I just say how happy it makes me that DUCKIE is your profile picture?? I LOVE DUCKIE! At the end of Sixteen Candles, I always imagine her dumping Blaine (Blaine???) and realizing that Duckie is her true love.

penelope said...

His name is Blane??? That's a major appliance, not a name!

Hee hee.

The imdb says that's the original ending, for Duckie to get the girl, but test audiences preferred it to be Andrew McCarthy. Damn...

penelope said...

And OMG! Andrew McCarthy wore a wig for the ending re-shoot! Ewww! Now I'm totally going to have to watch Pretty in Pink.

ashley said...

Is it out on DVD? Do you think they'll do a special edition version with the first ending? Talk about making me happy!

And a wig? Ewww. That's really...unappealing.

penelope said...

I think there's an "Everything's Duckie" special edition of the DVD out... which I sadly do not own. If there were ever a DVD with the original ending out, I would totally watch that ending every time, and pretend That's the Way it Really Was.

mendacious said...

there's no way duckie and she belonged together! if as it had been originally intended for robert downey to be cast in that role than YES... but as it was NO.