Saturday, January 13, 2007

Thursday night lingo

J.Lo and I are plowing through the DVR'd shows from Thursday, and for some reason they're striking me as especially fantastic episodes. My Name is Earl/My Name is Randy/My Name is Joy/My Name is Crabman was pieced together so well and was freaking hilarious. The part with Joy smoking a cigarette and singing along in her car to Faith Hill? Man. The Office and 30 Rock were also hilarious, and from these two shows are two new words/phrases I feel everyone should incorporate into their vocabulary immediately:

1) "Schruted": botched with the flair of Dwight K. Schrute, as in "Boy, I really Schruted that up." Andy made up this term in his hint-dropping to Michael that Dwight needs to go, but how can we not love a verb dedicated to Dwight K. Schrute.

2) "Cheese and crackers!": exclamatory phrase similar to "Damn it all to hell!" or, "Motherf%cker!" but softer, more creative, and dorky-chic. As in, "Cheese and crackers, that really hurt!" Used by Kenneth the page when grease-burned by Tracy Jordan's malfunctioning Meat Machines.

And how about Dwight forlornly leaving the office holding only his bobblehead? Seriously, it just gets better and better.

6 comments:

Somebody's Mom said...

Dwight resigning was fantastic. Clearly he will return, he would be so missed. His hugging Jim on the way out with no explanation that he had resigned was great.

penelope said...

Yes, and I'd also like to discuss how interesting it is that the show really does seem to be knocking off the Stamford branch members in the manner of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory--which will lead them right back to the original cast for Season 4. And then some of the sales calls on last night's ep as well--Stanley laughing at Ryan, when Stanley never laughs. Karen's trip to the beauty parlor with Phyllis. And Dwight, locking himself in the car and warming up for his pitch by air guitaring to Kickstart My Heart. BRILLIANT!!!

mendacious said...

i thought of you and the bobblehead immediately.

Anonymous said...

I always thought the term was "Cheese and Rice!" and was supposed to sound like "Jesus Christ" but without offending. Like how Howard always says "God bless it!" when he's mad.

penelope said...

I've never heard Cheese and Rice! But I have to say, I'm now kind of hungry for cheesy rice.

Kim said...

I, too, had noticed that they were methodically knocking off the Stamford people, which made me happy, because they are ALL. LAME. Except MAYBE Andy, whom I find annoying, but in a funny way. But Karen? I no like Karen.