Tuesday, January 30, 2007

The (Average) 5: by M

1. I use words that I can't define, but most always use them accurately. For instance on this camping trip I was mercilessly questioned on two words: untoward exuberance and intrepid explorer... in my head i must know what they mean, but when it comes to saying, well it means... i draw a blank space... it's like trying to explain what the and and means... or I... somewhat obvious yet ethereal. So I came home like the elephant I am and looked them up just to validate my ego. Naturally.

2 . I may have talked about this one before but I drop H's at the beginnings of words like "human" and "herb" and i guuuueeessss a few others... I 'ad no idea until June of 2004. I was on a plane bound for NewYork from Istanbul and Peki glances over at me and says- "Say the word "human" again. 'uman. Following 2 years later, my merciless friends Joanna, Danica and Steve feel they can mock me whenever they want about it... though i'm usually quite oblivious, only until after when they all laugh about it. Perhaps I'm english at 'eart. Though bcs I'm an obsessive self-analyzer I think it would be cool to go to a speech historian or something and figure out where i got all my wild colloquialisms. H's or not.

3. I have size 13 feet. I'm sure I've complained about it before and how much it sucks and how I can't find shoes my size unless they're made for drag queens or wisped giants who need no arch support... yes, it indeed blows.

4. I need to own the books I read. I am still scarred by not being able to locate or remember or possess books that I remember from when I was in Junior High... certain fragments and images and nothing to fix them. It's horrible. I look at titles on my shelves and I smile or ponder each one... and it makes me happy to know they're mine and that I can look at them anytime i want.

5. Also I'm bossy and a bit of a whiner, but besides that my most famous reoccuring dreams usually involved alligator enclosures and it is dark and murky and i do not know where they are and the walls are very high and there does not seem to be a way out. . . thank god i haven't had that one in a while... lately it involves escaping a mansion that's on fire and escaping over a maze of hedges bcs someone is chasing me....

i love talking about me... mmm. kurt, q? could you? tag... you're... it? oh and danica... if you're up for it. (mwah.) and sarah and kara.

M OUT~

7 comments:

ashley said...

Ooh, M, I too am precluded to using words that I don't know what they mean but I do. I don't know how I know them - and sometimes, I have the odd feeling as I'm using such a word that it's the first time I've spoken it aloud. Odd.

Perhaps you should see Professor Higgins about your Hs.

penelope said...

Oh, now. There's nothing average about these. Unless you're being mendacious when you say that.

Cue said...

I know, I'm supposed to do this next. Megs tagged me a few days ago and still I haven't owned up. sigh. Will get there, truly. I sometimes feel that my weirdness has gone around the bend so that everything seems normal, from my perspective. -- But see, I guess that could be a random thing unto itself. Hmm.

ps, isn't Herb -- as in the plant -- without an H? And Herb -- as in the name -- is with one? Or am I totally confused here. This could be an important thing to know... so, anyone?

Anonymous said...

I agree with Andrea as far as the silent/non-silent h sounds.

Although I can't believe you were questioned about intrepid explorer. I'm sure I've heard the phrase before.

Kurt said...

Sometimes when I look up words that I "know," the definitions are not quite what I thought they were. I'd developed an idea of what they meant that wasn't precisely what they meant.

Somebody's Mom said...

So, M, what is your favorite number? Seems like you're lucky that it isn't 22.

Flawed And Disorderly said...

That was a MUCH better 5 post than I did this week. But I don't believe you. ;-)